Ft. William WC pointers for a first timer

metadave
2/2/2020 10:48pm
Hey guys,

Heading to Ft. William WC this year for the first time and looking for any pointers. Do I need to pick up tickets before? do they actually check? best places to watch? Should we take the lift up and start down from there?
|
Camber
2/3/2020 6:10am
Best to buy your tickets before to skip some of the queues when you arrive. If its decent weather its good to walk down the whole track so you can see the riders in the bits that aren't broadcast but the atmosphere in the finish for the last few riders is amazing so get down to the bottom for then end
jonkranked
2/3/2020 7:06am
Camber wrote:
Best to buy your tickets before to skip some of the queues when you arrive. If its decent weather its good to walk down the whole...
Best to buy your tickets before to skip some of the queues when you arrive. If its decent weather its good to walk down the whole track so you can see the riders in the bits that aren't broadcast but the atmosphere in the finish for the last few riders is amazing so get down to the bottom for then end
this is good advice in general for spectating world cups. ive been to both Windham and Snowshoe here in the US for world cup. if you plan on hiking carry enough beer and water. personally i like wearing hiking shoes/boots.

also cowbell if you don't already have one.
bturman
2/3/2020 7:56am
Beware of the midges.
metadave
2/3/2020 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2020 4:21pm
sharpy212 wrote:
Where you traveling from?
Calgary, but Ft William is the mid point of a Scotland tour. Sunday at the races for me and Monday at the Harry Potter trail for her lol.
2/4/2020 8:03am
metadave wrote:
Calgary, but Ft William is the mid point of a Scotland tour. Sunday at the races for me and Monday at the Harry Potter trail for...
Calgary, but Ft William is the mid point of a Scotland tour. Sunday at the races for me and Monday at the Harry Potter trail for her lol.
Did the same last year from but from Victoria, BC. We bought tickets ahead of time. The line up was very long for the gondola on race day. We took it on the qualifying day, but just hiked to about the middle of the mountain on race day as we would have been waiting for a couple hours. Bring rain gear, hiking boots, and bug spray. The Harry Potter train is pretty cool too.

Post a reply to: Ft. William WC pointers for a first timer

The Latest

The Latest