Inverted boxxer?

bturman
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 7:17am
Saw this on Bikerumor's tour of the RockShox facility in Colorado Springs:

The caption - "Reverse Boxxer, anyone? There weren’t enough measurable benefits of the inverted stanchions versus their traditional design, so after testing Rockshox simply stuck with their current format."

A few other interesting bits from the tour:

"Jeremiah Boobar’s bike was sitting near his desk and had the latest iteration of DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coating on his fork’s sliders. Rockshox has been testing DLC on and off for five years, and cost seems to be the biggest issue with bringing it to market…it’s just too expensive. Surface finishes like this are tested for their ability to carry lubrication as well as just being inherently slick."
|
TRex
12/7/2010 9:51am
Too bad you think it is a copy because it is upside down. That 'boxxers' had a different axle, legs, sliders and crown, damping, but you know, it is a copy.
12/7/2010 8:13pm
TRex wrote:
Too bad you think it is a copy because it is upside down. That 'boxxers' had a different axle, legs, sliders and crown, damping, but you...
Too bad you think it is a copy because it is upside down. That 'boxxers' had a different axle, legs, sliders and crown, damping, but you know, it is a copy.
doesnt matter its still a copy. i say rock shox just suck they let down my expectations . the next fork im probley gonna get is a fox fork they have really stepped up their game but thats just me
mgolland45
3/27/2011 8:24am
is it just me or did the inverted boxxer have a like 35mm through axle
3/27/2011 9:28pm
TRex wrote:
Too bad you think it is a copy because it is upside down. That 'boxxers' had a different axle, legs, sliders and crown, damping, but you...
doesnt matter its still a copy. i say rock shox just suck they let down my expectations . the next fork im probley gonna get is...
doesnt matter its still a copy. i say rock shox just suck they let down my expectations . the next fork im probley gonna get is a fox fork they have really stepped up their game but thats just me
The 15 year old has SPOKEN!
3/27/2011 11:07pm
TRex wrote:
doesnt matter its still a copy. i say rock shox just suck they let down my expectations . the next fork im probley gonna get is...
The 15 year old has SPOKEN!
dude im 17
3/29/2011 4:39pm
iceman2058 wrote:
Too bad we now have the first pinkbike thread on Vital.
Oh man that was funny! Sorry I had to take the first jab, but as an engineering geek I had to.

Post a reply to: Inverted boxxer?

The Latest