A new mountain bike race format will be hitting Waterville Valley Resort, NH on September 19th. 100 invited riders will drop in, 10 at a time, on a custom, open slope, 1500 vertical foot course featuring high-speeds, massive gaps and big drops. A unique series of elimination rounds will determine the winner.
- Qualifying timed run 1 at a time to cut the field from 100 invitees, to make the field of 60 riders for the Program.
- 10 riders per race in a head-to-head style race on a 10 rider start gate.
- Program starts with 2 rounds of Heat Races that are double elimination to make it into the Quarterfinals.
- Round 1 with 6 Heat Races, the top 5 riders transfer straight to the Quarterfinals and the bottom 5 riders go into Round 2.
- Round 2 with 3 Heat Races, the top 3 riders from each Heat Race make it into the Quarterfinals.
- The Quartfinals “Joker” spot to make the 40 rider field will be the fastest rider from Qualifying who has not transferred from the Rounds 1 and 2 into the Quarterfinals.
- Quarterfinals single elimination, top 5 riders transfer and bottom 5 go home.
- Semifinals top 5 riders make the Final, bottom 5 go to Consolation Final