What rims? Dj

Jbeaton9292
Edited Date/Time 12/28/2018 11:19am
So i searched this many times and i cant find anything recent and im building up a dirtjumper ive already got some parts and im getting ideas for what to look into here is what i have so far

Frame:dk astrik 4130db cromo
Headset:fsa impact pro
Bb:odyssey mid 19mm
Crank:profile gdh
Chainwheel:shadow conspiracy scream 25t
Seat:totalbmx blackjack pivotal

If you cant tell i have a bmx background and i will be riding this bike hard so i need rims that will take an absolute beating and still be reliable im not wanting to know what wheel just the rim as ive decided im going with hope 2 pro evo ss and 20mm front so im all set for hubs let me know what you have used or what you are considering using im gonna be researching these before making the purchase as i like to be sure im getting a high quality product and not the just the latest thing price really isnt an issue for me

Here is a picture of the bike so far (dont mind the bike builder in the background lmao i work at a bike shop)

This was when i got the frame i had the seat and post already its my favorite seat looks awesome and feels pretty good

|
Jbeaton9292
5/30/2015 4:08pm
I run Alex rims, what is your budget? What fork are you using?
No fork yet but it will be a rockshox argyle rc and there isnt a budget
Jbeaton9292
5/30/2015 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2015 8:12pm
Enve 90 and for the fork I would go the new fox 36 831
Im forsure going argyle i had them on my old p3 and i loved them so im gonna go with what i know i like for that

Why that rim any particular reason

Yeah no just looked at that rim a grand for a rim no thanks not going that crazy and its carbon im not a fan of riding plastic parts
kidwoo
5/30/2015 8:16pm
Mavic 721s built up with straight gauge 2.0 spokes. None stronger.

They're not the lightest but you'll be landing sideways from 15ft in the air before you kill them.
5/30/2015 8:19pm
1. Stiffness, for dj these rims provide great power transfer
2. Weight, because they are carbon they are very light and will make those tailwhips easier
3. I have seen some destroyed in early production models but recently I have seen very few destroyed

Negatives will definitely be price and some don't trust carbon
Big Bird
6/1/2015 8:43am
kidwoo wrote:
Mavic 721s built up with straight gauge 2.0 spokes. None stronger. They're not the lightest but you'll be landing sideways from 15ft in the air before...

They're not the lightest but you'll be landing sideways from 15ft in the air before you kill them.
I'm with the Kid.
Jbeaton9292
6/1/2015 2:07pm
I do reqlly like what i read about the mavic 721 and plus i can get them laced to hope hubs already to go
6/1/2015 4:44pm
kidwoo wrote:
Mavic 721s built up with straight gauge 2.0 spokes. None stronger. They're not the lightest but you'll be landing sideways from 15ft in the air before...

I'll "3rd" this post. The same 721s have been on my DJ bike since before I even owned it. They have to be like 7 years old by now.
kidwoo
6/2/2015 11:47am
Yeah ghetto pinned rims are 'better than' welded seams. Better for splitting maybe.

Those rims are fine but they most certainly do not have stronger seams.
6/2/2015 1:08pm
If you have not encountered the Mavic welded seam rattle it is just a matter of time. I ran mavics for a long time but got sick of them cracking along the eyelets. Danny Mckaskil has run atomlabs for years because of their durability.
kidwoo
6/2/2015 1:29pm
If you have not encountered the Mavic welded seam rattle it is just a matter of time. I ran mavics for a long time but got...
If you have not encountered the Mavic welded seam rattle it is just a matter of time. I ran mavics for a long time but got sick of them cracking along the eyelets. Danny Mckaskil has run atomlabs for years because of their durability.
I've had so many pairs of mavics (with wheelsets still going 10 years deep) that I even know the insanely easy fix for that little bead rattle they sometimes to. And I always come back to them because everything else I've run on my dirtjumpers I've mangled....including atomlab dhrs. A rattle is not a compromised seam, especially not when it's a weld holding it together. Not by a long shot.

Jbeaton9292
6/2/2015 5:39pm
kidwoo wrote:
Yeah ghetto pinned rims are 'better than' welded seams. Better for splitting maybe.

Those rims are fine but they most certainly do not have stronger seams.
This is what i was thinking

Coming from a bmx bije welded seam is something i like i would have never ran a pinned rim i never had good luck with them im a big guy im 6'3 250lbs lol so this thing is gonna be hammered (like it is intended to be riden)

Post a reply to: What rims? Dj

The Latest