Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Red Bull FInal Descent/Burner 2010

Related:
Create New Tag

7/29/2010 2:42 PM

Just heard that the Red Bull Burner (which is actually getting a new name the RED BULL FINAL DECENT) 12 hour downhill enduro is on for October 9th 2010 at Angel Fire Resort, NM. So stoked!

Red Bull has also scheduled to host the event as a series and has added Winter Park, CO on Sept 18th. Official info is due out soon and will reside at both Angel Fire's webpage and Winter Park's.

So excited, this was one of the raddest events I have ever participated in ever, so join me and mark your calendars!

|

7/29/2010 2:47 PM

Good stuff!

|

9/1/2010 10:13 AM

Telluride has a 12hr dh race the weekend of Sept 25 if you wanna try and do the trifecta!

|

9/3/2010 1:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2011 5:12 PM

Hey guys!! Would you know of somebody who would need a partner to race for the Final Descent in Angelfire???

I am probably going there and will race with a friend I met here on vital, but I have another friend who would like to go, but has no mate. He is Cat2 and just wants to have fun in the race not actually be really competitive.

If you guys know of someone who would need a partner let me know!

Thanks

|

9/10/2010 5:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:19 AM

MTB RIDERS WILL PUSH THE LIMITS AT RED BULL FINAL DESCENT
12-Hour Downhill Challenge Caps-Off Season at Winter Park & Angel Fire Resorts

WHO: Solo, Duo and Team riders, competing in Pro or Expert divisions, can enter one event or ride both events in the series. Riders are expected from Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and for the first time, Canada.

WHAT: Red Bull Final Descent is the reincarnation of “The Burner,” a 12-hour endurance race held the past two years at Angel Fire Resort. Last year, approximately 140 competitors from eight states pushed themselves to the brink and back over some of the most technically challenging terrain in North America. This year riders will encounter more of the same grueling terrain, but this time with the addition of a second mountain at Trestle Bike Park in Winter Park, Colo. The format of the event is simple—riders can choose from three technical courses of varying difficulty. After half a day of riding, the finisher in each category with the most laps wins.

Each event offers a $5,000 cash purse plus gear from industry partners including Troy Lee Designs, Smith and Decline Magazine. The overall series winner, the male and female rider who posts the most laps combined for both events, takes home an additional $500 cash and ultimate end-of-season bragging rights.

WHEN:

Winter Park Event: Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. Awards & after party immediately following at Upper Level of Doc’s.

Angel Fire Event: Saturday, October 9, 2010 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Awards & after party immediately following at the Village Haus.

WHERE: Riders can register online through race weekend at :
Winter Park: http://trestlebikepark.com/finaldescent.html
Angel Fire: http://angelfiresresort.com/finaldescent

Trestle Bike Park @ Winter Park Resort
85 Parson Road Winter Park, CO 80482

Angel Fire Resort
10 Miller Lane
Angel Fire, NM 87710

CONTACT: For media inquiries, please contact Katie Dale at (918) 605-6921or katherine.dale@us.redbull.com, or Casey Thompson at (214) 674-9127 or casey.thompson@us.redbull.com.

For event information, go to angelfireresort.com/finaldescent, trestlebikepark.com/finaldescent.html or search “Red Bull Final Descent” on Facebook or Active.com Photo
|