Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Hydration Packs

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2015 9:48 PM

What are people wearing? [insert red carpet joke here]

Need a new hydration pack. Evoc; Osprey; Camleback; Deuter; etc.
More interested in capacity and comfort as a general thought.
Suggestions, feedback, have at it.

|

4/7/2015 10:03 PM

source, mavic and acre packs have been well-liked by the vital testers

http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/category/Hydration-Packs,70

|

4/8/2015 11:32 AM

10-4, thanks Spomer!

|

4/8/2015 11:34 AM

ain't no thang. wish i had more modern, personal experiences for you, but i'm on a 7-year old camelbak still : )

|

4/13/2015 10:39 AM

Photo

+1 for the Source packs. Lots of cool extra features like the rapid refill adapter which is excellent for quick beer refills.
|

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

4/24/2015 10:41 AM

Personally, I won't use anything except Osprey. I love the features too much. I work at Performance, and Osprey is pretty much the only brand I couldn't get a pro deal on, but I like them so much I paid retail anyways. The back ventilation and the magnet for the bite valve are so fantastic.

|

7/8/2015 12:31 AM

Hey..
Just started mountain biking and I have Lumos thrillseeker hydration backpack with me. It has solar fabric which relaxes me from charging problems. I think it has sufficient 3L hydration bladder. Other than this, it is really comfortable because of good air flow design. It is light weighted and has compact look.
I have really a good experience with this.
If you want to try then checkout.. smile

|

7/8/2015 6:39 AM

That's cool! I like the idea of just having that safty of mouth charge for a call

|

7/14/2015 9:08 PM

I second Osprey packs. I just recently started using an Osprey Raptor 14L. Was a die hard Camelback fan. NOT ANYMORE. This Osprey pack is is top notch. From the easy to remove reservoir and magnetic catch for the mouth piece. The removable tool bag? Yes that's right, removable. It's bitchen. Stash pockets on the waist straps too. The mesh back with ribbed panels provides plenty of air flow to stay cool.

Two thumbs up on this product.

|

9/22/2015 12:31 AM

Hey,
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried any of the solar hydration backpacks? Like an ECEEN (http://www.amazon.com/Backpack-Charging-Smartphones-10000mAh-Waterproof/dp/B00NFD3DBC) or Lumos backpack (www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VWIV40O)? They are usually larger (can carry 3L), but useful for slightly longer journeys.

On that note, do you guys use hydration backpacks just for mountain biking or do you use them on smaller tours (Sub-200kms) as well?

Thanks
Gandharv

|