Accessibility Widget: On | Off

History Lesson: Dirt Video '95

Related:
Create New Tag

12/16/2010 8:10 AM

This one is care of Stu from MTB Cut and he will have to tell you about it because it outdates me by a little bit and I had no idea how to get import videos back then. I'm not even sure I had internet in 95 to try to look up how to order this video?

|

12/16/2010 9:07 AM

WOW, this is awesome! shredding the grass and dirt on those bikes...plus there are goats.

|

12/16/2010 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2010 11:27 AM

JMC was such an Awesome rider and sadly missed by his friends and family. The first British pro rider to make it big, a true inspiration to anyone who rides bikes, i look up to him as a true legend on a MTB.

On topic: I found a brand new copy of this VHS at work still factory sealed although the wrapping is starting to come undone its amazing what you can find when you tidy up in the quiet season.

|

12/16/2010 1:45 PM

This was my first ever MTB video. I remember getting it on VHS as a 13 year old for Christmas along with the Aussie DVD Mud Cows. The DVD featured Jason Mcroy, Dave Hemming, Scott Dommett and Warner. Pete Tomkins, the man behind the Crud Catcher, The DCD etc was behind the video and in the UK it was the first MTB video I know of.

I'm with Matt_Kneller on Jason Mcroy. He was the first UK rider to make it onto a proper World Cup deal. As a kid he was my hero, no other rider came close and he was the DH rider everyone looked up to in the UK. Unfortunately, shortly after establishing himself on the World Cup circuit he tragically died in an accident on his Motorbike. Check out the JMC website Here

I never got to meet him, my first ever race was the Jason Mcroy memorial in 96.... The influence he had on DH in the UK was huge and inspired so many kids (like myself) to get in the sport.

He's probably best known for this.... Kamikazee final vs Rockwell

">

">
|

12/17/2010 8:58 AM

Those were some really wide bars for 95! Man this reminds me of all he skate videos back in the day. Thanks for sharing.

|

12/17/2010 11:15 AM

the goats are what makes this awesome

|