Crappy Picture Revival Thread

Sesame Seed
6/28/2019 2:35am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2019 3:00am
Is demand for pictures in articles so high that anything goes? What is going on in this picture off of PB?

That's not a Tabletop. It is a failed attempt to launch beyond Earth's Atmosphere or - a Photographer who needs to quell rumors of an unsteady-hand. Pointless study in photography if you should know what an actual Tabletop is and was.

I'm old. I raced BMX in it's 2nd prime.

That's a Table'. Yes, there are 'boost' jump pics that can be deep-dived upon but the art of the classic tabletop is never lost. Only torn up all over the social meeds'.

If it helps - here's a tabletop entering into a corner, which always helps keeping the bike level (and proves these were not all staged shots with 6ft of air but, only two or three feet of distance...

Someone who I'd ridden with for many years and also traveled to races with actually found the jump in this photo of Mike Buff :

Dorky boost jump in California landing in sand - but makes a compelling photo for the masses.

This Picture is nearly Forty-Five Years Old.

Is riding Mountain Bikes really something for Social Media content and anyone who has a photography-background? There's alot of crappy pictures in stories of bikes completely out of control, landing like burlap sacks of potatoes. These are all people with no sense of history.

I'm typically the last-one to quote Liam and Noel Gallagher from the British Band Oasis but, really -

...why, why, why??? Where were you while we were getting high? ...we were getting high??

via GIPHY

|
kidwoo
6/28/2019 11:49am
Not making much of a case with that bowlegged skyway spread.

Why is mike miranda holding his pee pee?
Sesame Seed
6/28/2019 5:08pm
kidwoo wrote:
Not making much of a case with that bowlegged skyway spread.

Why is mike miranda holding his pee pee?
Oh - there's a pee pee in that picture. I thought it was a freewheel remover.

So I guess anyone's Aunt Gladys can now get a camera and be raking in the big bucks with action shots.

depeche4
6/28/2019 5:17pm
Love the old 80's pictures. Remember riding and looking at bmx plus every month to see so many guys like mike and eddy king who had killer style.
kidwoo
6/28/2019 7:28pm
Oh - there's a pee pee in that picture. I thought it was a freewheel remover. So I guess anyone's Aunt Gladys can now get a...
Oh - there's a pee pee in that picture. I thought it was a freewheel remover.

So I guess anyone's Aunt Gladys can now get a camera and be raking in the big bucks with action shots.

Well yes, welcome to the internet.

And I think your pinkbike photo is just a kid making sure that's dogshit he smells on his front tire. It's utilitarian. 29ers make it even easier.
Sesame Seed
6/29/2019 3:00am
kidwoo wrote:
Well yes, welcome to the internet. And I think your pinkbike photo is just a kid making sure that's dogshit he smells on his front tire...
Well yes, welcome to the internet.

And I think your pinkbike photo is just a kid making sure that's dogshit he smells on his front tire. It's utilitarian. 29ers make it even easier.
The butt hurt is strong in me.

Post a reply to: Crappy Picture Revival Thread

The Latest