Call it whatever you want.......

Create New Tag

12/5/2016 6:41 PM

You can call it whatever you want and that is in fact what they did with motor cycles for all these years, So lets focus on facts not marketing by definition a motor is a electric motor a engine is a internal combustion engine so motorcycles were never really named correctly but "Enginecycles" just doesn't sound quite right, but no matter how you put e-Bike, e-MTB whatever but by it very existence it is a motorcycle by its very specific definition its a cycle with a electric motor BOOM! motorcycle face it its a MOTORCYCLE!

Pedal4Life

I'll pedal for my movement for the rest of my days on this planet but I may get one of these fancy motorcycles for my wife so she can keep up easier

|

12/6/2016 5:15 PM

Technically, anything with two wheels is a bicycle....

|

12/6/2016 7:26 PM

Until you put a motor or a engine on it or in it

|

12/7/2016 3:19 PM

I mean from an etymology standpoint, like you were describing.

Bi = two
Cycle = circles or revolutions

California calls e-bikes "motorized bicycles." Like you pointed out, it doesn't matter what you call something, it is what it is. Wait until electric motorcycles get good enough and come to market full-time. Then it's really going to be confusing!

|

12/12/2016 7:28 PM

I guess people have a hard time understanding the concept of electric assist bicycles. The best thing to do in order to have an informed opinion is to ride one. These bikes are just plain great fun, I really do think that they are great for the sport of mountain biking. I remember when the first mountain bikes came out it was great, we could get places that would take all day to pedal to with a bmx, and we didn't have to beat the crap out of a ten speed on the dirt, then came aluminum frames and full suspension and things just got better and riding bikes off road wasn't just a thing kids could now with trails and parks etc. It's just awesome, and there are so many specialized genres of the sport that there is something for everyone.
Electric assist bikes are clean quite and capable, and they are definitely not motorcycles if you think this come over to my house and throw a leg over my old crf 450, and you will know. Then jump on my bulls estream fs enduro and take a trail ride and try not to crack a smile. Personally I probably don't have the time to learn the skills or build the fitness and strength, to have the kind of fun, that would justify owning a high end enduro mountain bike. But for basically the same price I can have a tiny electric motor and a battery, that gives me just enough boost to make up the trail, then I'm out there again and I'm happy, and that's great.happy riding.albequick. out!

|

12/12/2016 8:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/12/2016 8:23 PM

Falcon wrote:

If I put two wheels on my cat it becomes a bicycle?

"Bi = two
Cycle = circles or revolutions"

If I do the hokey-pokey and turn myself around twice, I become a bicycle?

If I do both at the same time do we become a car or a skateboard? either one sounds pretty cool 2 me

|

12/13/2016 2:37 PM

Falcon wrote:

Colin McCarthy wrote:

If I put two wheels on my cat it becomes a bicycle?

"Bi = two
Cycle = circles or revolutions"

If I do the hokey-pokey and turn myself around twice, I become a bicycle?

If I do both at the same time do we become a car or a skateboard? either one sounds pretty cool 2 me

Haha, well.... yes.

|

12/15/2016 3:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2016 3:22 AM

Gr8, I'm going to start a new sport called catboarding. No cats will be harmed because they were previously bicycles.

|

12/15/2016 8:30 AM

Go battle cat!

|