Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Best Trails in Oakridge, Oregon?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2014 12:33 PM

Hey guys,

I'm camping out in Oakridge, Oregon for a few weeks. If you've ridden there, do you have any suggestions for fun 2-3 hour loops? I know there are several shuttle options are available, and will ride a few, but loops are preferred.

Cheers!

|

5/20/2014 7:56 AM

Eula ridge trail, Hardesty mountain, tire mountain, moon point, Alpine of course, and upper north fork willamette river trail. If you have time you should drive a bit and do north umpqua river or mackenzie river trails....both are epic, mac is 27mi, North umpqua is 75mi. Go get it.

|

5/20/2014 2:27 PM

Thanks for the recommendations, Danimal5-0!

I'm pretty keen to try out some Umpqua River singletrack. Someone previously suggested that we ride the middle ~24 miles to get the most bang for our buck. Sound about right? Can you recommended a good trailhead to start at?

Photo

|

5/21/2014 10:26 PM

Ride as high as the snow level will allow. Dread and terror is pretty much the shit if it is clear, call the Glide ranger station to check for trail conditions. Dear leap would be cool too, some high speed descending for sure. The rest of it is all good too, take what you can get, but the trip is really all about dread and terror, and the hot springs.

|

5/22/2014 11:45 AM

You rule. Thanks!

|

5/22/2014 12:37 PM

If you make it up toward corvallis area I am in Albany and would be pleased to show off some of the local steep and techy.... if your into that kind of thing.

|