Accessibility Widget: On | Off

tires

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2011 4:50 PM

whats a recommended tire pressure for DH racing in general i heard that using the tires usual 45 psi is the best but any insight would help!

|

9/15/2011 10:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/22/2011 9:31 AM

45 lbs. is a bit high. I'm a big guy at 6'7" 190 and I run 40 rear 38 front just to be safe and know I wont pinch flat or burp out air with my tubeless tires. Pros generally run much less to make a bigger contact patch for traction, but I hate the feel. If you listen trackside at a pro race, it sounds like they have flat tires when they rail a berm. Gee Atherton might have had a better season if he'd run a bit more pressure. I remember Steve Peat saying that he runs 2 bars, whatever that converts to. I just looked at my pump gage and two bar is about thirty lbs.

|

9/21/2011 9:13 PM

I usually rock 25-28 psi depending if its dry or wet out.

|

11/5/2011 10:56 PM

When I remember to inflate my tires, I usually aim for about 30. But since I'm forgetful, I often end up riding with quite low pressures after a while. I tend to not spend my time plowing rockgardens, so I get away with it. With dualply Minions/HRs, running tubes, the best feeling is at around 25 for me (I go 30 for added snakebite insurance...).

|