Collegiate Cycling Graduate Assistant Needed!

Create New Tag

1/16/2013 11:46 AM

My name is Peter Haile and I am searching for a Graduate Assistant to help guide my team here at Union College in South Eastern Kentucky.

This person would have to have a bachelors degree and want to pursue a masters in education or psychology.

Key factors in this position are responsibility, experience, and the ability to handle situations appropriately.

You'd also be able to take classes for free, as well as receive a small living stipend to cover your expenses.

The real attraction for many of you is the fact that you'd also be able to race for Union in the South East Collegiate Cycling Conference.

We have an unbelievable parcel of land where we've built a cross country loop, a top notch slalom course, and a downhill track all just 5 minutes away from campus.


Peter Haile

1/16/2013 1:06 PM

Do you have any coaching emphasis in the Psychology department or a sports psychology focus by chance? Do you need a GRE or GMAT score to apply?

1/16/2013 1:34 PM

The Psychology Masters are as follows;

Master of Arts in Psychology
Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology
Master of Arts in Counseling

No GRE or GMAT score is needed to apply though you'll need a score to begin.
I took the Miller Aptitude Test on site and was able to take classes this way.

The GA is considered an employee and admissions is fairly straightforward with regards to employees.

Hope this helps,

Peter Haile

1/16/2013 4:43 PM

Dam, I knew it was too good to be true. I'm looking for something more in the sports psychology/coaching or Nutrition area. Sounds like a great position though, I"m sure it will get snatched up fast!