single speed freeride?

Edited Date/Time 8/15/2014 4:57am
so today i snapped the derailer hanger on my bike (airborne marauder) its a sram x7 if anyone was curious, and i was curious if anyone had ever created a full suspention single speed freeride/all mountian bike. i ride bmx, and i think it would be fucking awesome to do that.
|
bturman
Posts
2104
Joined
8/1/2009
Location
Durango, CO, USA
6/14/2012 10:02am
Yeah, happens all the time. Because the distance between the front chainring and cassette changes as the suspension is compressed, you'll need to run a spring style tensioner (not a guide). It's basically a derailleur minus the shifting part.
Big Bird
Posts
2353
Joined
2/1/2011
Location
Oceano, CA, USA
6/15/2012 8:35am
One of those old, or new Rotecs would work for that as they pivot around the BB. I once did the "County Line Jamboree", a 41 mile single speed race down the whole coast of Santa Cruz County put on by frame builder Rick Hunter. I rode my old Santa Cruz Super 8 in a full face helmet just for fun. I made an extended seat post and and a spring loaded pivoting chainguide boomerang on my MRP to take up chain slack. Sadly the chainguide didn't take up enough slack, so I had to run a locked out derailleur. Not so much freeride, but it was a downhill bike.

Post a reply to: single speed freeride?

The Latest