Accessibility Widget: On | Off

could I PLEASE get some help?!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/17/2019 10:56 AM

I am looking for 26 inch rockshox forks with cantilever fork mounts. Reason being is because I want 160mm to 200mm and I can only find 100mm forks. Price range between $500 and $100. So if anyone has info, please let me know.

THANKS! smile

|

7/17/2019 11:43 AM

The fork you are searching for does not exist. Cantilever mounts were long gone by the time a 160mm+ fork hit the market. You may just have to switch to a disc brake up front.

|

7/17/2019 2:14 PM

Awful expensive to upgrade forks/brakes. I've wanted to do similar on older, fun/rare bikes and so have our customers but I suggest.....
1.) Save your money/work harder/shop smarter/sell some toys/steal hubcaps
2.) Put ur old gt on the wall or sell it
3.) Buy something with modern parts if your current rig isn't burly/reliable/fun/cool enough to ride

|

7/17/2019 7:48 PM

GT Anyone? wrote:

I am looking for 26 inch rockshox forks with cantilever fork mounts. Reason being is because I want 160mm to 200mm and I can only find 100mm forks. Price range between $500 and $100. So if anyone has info, please let me know.

THANKS! smile

Like others have said those forks dont exist.. but I would argue as to why they would even be needed... as if it is an older hardtail you would ride much faster with a disc conversion... likewise if an older dually...

Having recently done disc conversions to some of my kids older bikes.. no one wants 26inch so disc front and even rear conversions make for a lot faster and fun ride without upsetting balance such as if you were to put a 6 inch plus travel fork on a 4 inch duall.. or a massive fork on a hardtail...

just my 2c.... as for keeping period correct if doing a build (which would maybe be the only reason you would consider keeping canti's but then why would you want a longer for that wasnt around at the time).... if you are really attached to your current ride and really want to go mega... then just mullet it, 27.5 fork /rim/ discs on the front then glue on some canti mounts just to confuse everyone with some wifi brakes..........

|

7/22/2019 3:27 PM

The fork you're looking for is right here: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2336826/

|