can i jump this?

TrailHead
Edited Date/Time 6/5/2015 6:11pm
i was wondering if could jump my raleigh tokul 3. would a $1100 HT bike hold up to, say, a 6ft drop? what would it be able to take. dont want to take risks breaking anything. thanks.
|
sspomer
Fantasy
35th
6/5/2015 12:29pm
there are a lot of variables to your question that could lead to a "yes" answer or a "no" answer.

the short answer is that a bike in that category may hold up to riding like that for a while, but probably not forever. if you're doing drops to flat on concrete, be extremely careful and calculated. if you're doing smooth, well-shaped bike park drops w/ sloped landings and riding smoothly, you'll be less at risk.

if you're wanting to do a 6 foot drop, you should already know the answer to your question b/c you've been riding long enough to huck it off something that high.
6/5/2015 2:14pm
I agree with sspomer, if you use full travel without a harsh bottom the that's about your limit for the suspension and most likely the bike
TrailHead
6/5/2015 4:01pm
sspomer wrote:
there are a lot of variables to your question that could lead to a "yes" answer or a "no" answer. the short answer is that a...
there are a lot of variables to your question that could lead to a "yes" answer or a "no" answer.

the short answer is that a bike in that category may hold up to riding like that for a while, but probably not forever. if you're doing drops to flat on concrete, be extremely careful and calculated. if you're doing smooth, well-shaped bike park drops w/ sloped landings and riding smoothly, you'll be less at risk.

if you're wanting to do a 6 foot drop, you should already know the answer to your question b/c you've been riding long enough to huck it off something that high.
Oh and should my back, or front wheel touch the ground first if it's more a level landing? Since it is a hardtail...and I haven't been to that place where there are jumps, only once since I got the bike.
Big Bird
6/5/2015 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2015 6:25pm
If there is a transition and full suspension, then both wheels at once. If it's a static drop to flat, way rear wheel first. Just watch any Danny Mac or other trials video. It all depends on the bike and the situation. Like Sspomer said any bike can hold up for years if ridden smoothly, or could snap on the first ride if ridden by a callous fool. Take your time, says the guy who broke his first bone (The collar) on his first day of jumping. Never looked back...

Post a reply to: can i jump this?

The Latest