Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Slopestyle bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2010 1:27 PM

Should I get a haro porter, kona stinky, or something else and not to be mean, just say a little about your experience so I can trust your opinion

|

1/23/2010 2:09 PM

Transition go alright. Like i sued to have a transition double which was good for real big dirt and also like slope-style but i didn't use it enough even though it was set up the same as my hard-tail which was really good at the time.

Im riding only hard-tails now. But black market bikes just released the killswitch which has 4 inches of travel and is supposed to feel like a hardtail and it looks really go if you like black haha.

But both of them are a bit more on the pricey side and only come as frames so you can build it up how ever you want

|

1/23/2010 2:49 PM

yea i love the kill switch but i dont wanna build up a bike cause I'll spend all my money, i was lookin at the transition bottle rocket too and that was pretty sik, thanks for ur opinion

|

1/23/2010 3:20 PM

how much travel do u want

|

1/23/2010 3:39 PM

The stinky is a bit on the long travel side for legitimate slopestyle contests. What kind of riding are you looking to do? If you want a full blown contest ready slopestyle bike, the Porter, Transition Double, Killswitch and a lot of other bikes are out there. If you want a Kona, the Bass is pretty cool too

If you want something like an Intense slopestyle, basically a 6 inch freeride bike, look into that, the transition bottlerocket, santa cruz bullit, or the Kona.

|

1/23/2010 4:15 PM

jamis parker is good, too, different geo more for gate racing but it works for a short travel freeride bike

|

1/23/2010 4:22 PM

i think im gonna get the porter, great components and the price isnt bad, i wud get the bm killswitch but its not a complete, I think i c what u mean about the kona havin too much travel and I mostly do dj, but i want somethin that can handle a mountain when i go, does anyone have a porter that can say anything about it?

|

1/23/2010 4:27 PM

I would recommend the kona bass, I used to have a kona cowan DS a few years back which I used for slopestyle, dirt jumping and also alot of street/park riding. You can run gears or single speed, The frames are really light, my build was around 14kg and built purely for strength not low weight.

Hope this was usefull and good luck finding a sweet ride.

|

1/23/2010 4:30 PM

if u want a 7inch travel i like my big hit 3 i can do a few trick on it and its great for those rocky trails

|

1/23/2010 5:29 PM

PORTER lol

|

1/25/2010 7:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:18 AM

|

Ass Ass Ass

1/29/2010 7:51 PM

|

I'm Slow

1/29/2010 11:47 PM

I know, and the fact that you can change it from a short-travel slopestyle bike to a full-on long-travel DH rig in a matter of minutes is badass. I see nothing but good reviews everywhere. Definitely my next bike + a few key upgrades.

|

Ass Ass Ass

12/22/2010 2:44 PM

dobermann le pink is a sick slopestyle bike

|

1/6/2011 12:20 PM

Transition Bottle Rocket with a fox 36 or a Lyric... can do everything on it... heavy duty nough for free ride but light enough for dj somewhat...

|