Accessibility Widget: On | Off

New bike or Moab vacation?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/9/2011 8:08 PM

My Chief Financial Officer aka my Wife has given me the choice. I'm curious what my fellow mountain bikers would suggest I do?

|

12/10/2011 10:15 PM

That's a tough one! We're gonna need specifics - what bike? how long of a vacation?

|

12/10/2011 10:36 PM

2012 Specialized Camber 29R or 4 days, 12hrs there, two days of riding, and 12hrs of driving to get back home. My current bike is 2yrs old and dialed in and I've never been to Moab, but a full suspension ride would be nice.

|

12/11/2011 1:42 PM

bikes last years and bring timeless memories man
I'd take that over a moab trip forsure

moab is pretty sick though

|

two wheels, one love.

12/11/2011 2:41 PM

My vote is for the bike, too. You'll find time to ride it, and two days in Moab is only scratching the surface.

|

12/15/2011 7:20 AM

Get the bike, bring your wife to Moab for an anniversary. Dinner perched on the Moab Valley cliff wall at the Uranium Millonaire's house, hot air balloon launch one sunrise. Stay in a bed and breakfast or take up a cottage. Bring another couple will you, so the gal's can hang out while the guys ride.

|

12/15/2011 11:17 AM

visit.moab.utah wrote:

Get the bike, bring your wife to Moab for an anniversary. Dinner perched on the Moab Valley cliff wall at the Uranium Millonaire's house, hot air balloon launch one sunrise. Stay in a bed and breakfast or take up a cottage. Bring another couple will you, so the gal's can hang out while the guys ride.

I can't afford to do both, but I like your idea. Thanks for the comments.

|

12/15/2011 11:23 AM

The Moab trip wins! My buddy and his wife will come with us. Ride day one will be with him and my son at Klondike Bluffs, ride day two will be without my son at Bartlett Wash, while the ladies hang out poolside or go sightseeing. Can't wait!!!

|

12/15/2011 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2011 2:49 PM

Photo

Yeah! Thought you'd be interested to see how Moab Utah Facebook folks solved your dilemma too.

Didn't mean for you to do both this year. Figured a special mile marker anniversary could be in the future, however, am glad you and another couple get to enjoy Moab together. Have great fun -- Be safe! The trails keep getting better!
|

12/15/2011 2:51 PM

visit.moab.utah wrote: Photo

Yeah! Thought you'd be interested to see how Moab Utah Facebook folks solved your dilemma too.

Didn't mean for you to do both this year. Figured a special mile marker anniversary could be in the future, however, am glad you and another couple get to enjoy Moab together. Have great fun -- Be safe! The trails keep getting better!

Haha. "Divorce wife, move to Moab!"

So rich.

|

12/15/2011 3:19 PM

visit.moab.utah wrote: Photo

bturman wrote:

Haha. "Divorce wife, move to Moab!"

So rich.

Happily married for 16yrs!!! But I get the humor.

|

12/16/2011 7:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2011 7:29 AM

Get the bike, sell the bike, take a trip to Moab and have money left over... oh yeah and fly there! You can make it cheap enough if you go in the off season. You won't be able to ride the uppers of the La Sal's but there's still enough biking to fill the 4 days you'll be there.

|