Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Madison WI

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2020 10:42 AM

My family and I will be moving to Madison, WI in June. Currently my only mtb is a downhill rig because of my proximity to the Northstar bike park. Would it be worth keeping when I move to Madison, or is it just too much bike. If you think I should get rid of it and you live in norcal or the madison area It’s a custom 2016 transition tr500 I want to sell for 2k even or best offer. HMU for more details

|

10/15/2020 8:06 AM

Madison and much of the surrounding area is pancake flat. A downhill will be a pig to pedal around. Sustained downhill in the area is maybe 10 seconds.

|

10/15/2020 8:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2020 8:48 AM

There are some fun descents around here but I can only think of three trails that are dh-bike-worthy and they are ~6hrs. north.

|

10/15/2020 9:12 AM

No need for DH bike anywhere within a ~10 hour drive of Madison. A 140mm bike would be long travel in the Midwest. Perfect Madison bike would be something like a Ripley or Following. Capable 120mm 29er. Can still shred hard if you travel to Copper Harbor, Marquette (6 hours away, and I think what Jabber127 is referencing) but still 'fun' to ride at the local spots: Kettle Morraine, Camrock, etc. As MP said, most of the 'downhills' in the local Madison area on order of 10-30 seconds. Anything longer than that would be a XC trail that goes "downhill'.

|

10/15/2020 11:30 AM

RiderMikeCheck1 wrote:

No need for DH bike anywhere within a ~10 hour drive of Madison. A 140mm bike would be long travel in the Midwest. Perfect Madison bike would be something like a Ripley or Following. Capable 120mm 29er. Can still shred hard if you travel to Copper Harbor, Marquette (6 hours away, and I think what Jabber127 is referencing) but still 'fun' to ride at the local spots: Kettle Morraine, Camrock, etc. As MP said, most of the 'downhills' in the local Madison area on order of 10-30 seconds. Anything longer than that would be a XC trail that goes "downhill'.

damn i’m gonna miss sending on the steep shit guess i’m buying more bmx stuff

|