Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Freeride/DJ setup question....

Related:
Create New Tag

5/9/2010 10:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:19 AM

sup guys, newbie to the forum here just had some questions for everyone... i have a 2010 gt ruckus dx... the 9 spd one but im fixing to convert to ss... im wanting to get into some freeride and dj's but dont know what kinda setup would be best... i do tons of bmx and im really experienced in riding and jumping its just that the area i live in is all about cross country and road bike shit so there is no scene for freeride stuff for me to see whats good and not.... im really wanting to build up my mtb to be like a bmx on steroids ya kno. lemme know if you guys have any words of advice or inspiration... if you wanna check out some pics aswell my myspace url is

www.myspace.com/schnauzza theres plenty of photos of me riding....

and heres a vid of what kinda style riding im looking to get into

|

Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen!

5/10/2010 3:52 PM

haha it says 10 people viewed this so far dosent anyone have any advice? or where else i could look... maybe like a dans comp for mtb??

|

5/10/2010 4:16 PM

This is your bike, yes?

Photo

Looks like a solid dirt jumper to me. Just pump that fork up stiff and rally! Maybe swap out for some less knobby tires, a single speed setup, and only a rear brake.

|

5/11/2010 7:45 AM

For DJ...do what Brandon suggested. You keep mentioning "freeride"...if there is no scene, there probably isn't any terrain. For actual "freeride" terrain I would keep it as it is.

SS that Ruckus and go big!

|

Lance

5/12/2010 8:47 AM

yehhhh thats the bike... im glad looks like im on the right track at least, i put some 2.4 maxxis holy roller tires, took off the front brake and my ss kit comes in tomorrow....
working at the local shop comes in handy when needing parts :D

|