Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Blurry vision when riding downhill

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2011 9:51 PM

Since I have started riding downhill I've started sometimes getting some kind blurred/ tunnel vision when I get going in the fast sections. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be a problem. Does anyone else get this or know whats going on? I wear goggles so its not the wind but maybe the lens is causing the problem? Any help would be great!

|

7/23/2011 11:28 AM

I've experienced this too but I'm not sure why it happens. If I recall correctly, it's mostly been on long days at a bike park, and yes, mostly on fast, rough sections. One possibility is that the goggles are too tight restricting blood flow to the eyes? Maybe when you're riding tired your brain just can't keep up with all the sensory input? By the way, are you a Fed Ex driver?

|

7/23/2011 1:19 PM

Hmm ok, I guess it does happen more often when Im tired but I have experienced it during the first few runs of the day. And no lol Im no Fed Ex driver, why do you ask?

|

7/24/2011 10:41 AM

It is most likely caused by you not looking far enough ahead, you should be looking a good 40ft+ ahead of you on fast sections. Like when you are in a car, if you look out the window and focus on something close, like the dotted lines directly underneath you, they should be a blur, but if you look at the lines well ahead they should be easily seen, it all has to do with the angle you are looking at things and their relative speed to you. Try looking further ahead and it should stop.

|

7/24/2011 4:56 PM

Thanks I'll give that a try, but I almost think it might be something different because its more of a blacking out feeling but just in in my eyes

|

7/25/2011 9:02 AM

Inp156 wrote:

Thanks I'll give that a try, but I almost think it might be something different because its more of a blacking out feeling but ...more

Yea, sort of a tunnel vision thing. And i know a trail builder, downhiller from Boulder Creek. I thought that you might have been him.

|

7/26/2011 12:10 PM

Have you talked to your doctor to rule out a medical condition like arrhythmia?

|

super tacky