Accessibility Widget: On | Off

951 ,303 rdh or 08 dhr?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2009 8:24 PM

looking into a new bike. think i have narrowed it down to intense 951, yeti 303rdh or 2008 turner dhr, but cant decide which one. comments? suggestions?

|

10/23/2009 4:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2011 5:10 PM

I can comment on the DHR... I have had one for 10 months now, and it's incredibly good!

I have tested the IH Sunday, Intense M6, Santa Cruz V10, and none of them felt better for my kind of riding than the DHR.

It just plows through rock gardens with ease, corners amazingly well, better than those other bikes I tested in my opinion, and pedals pretty good (The sunday pedals LOTS better, the Intense and V10 dont)

And the frame itself is pretty strong, have had no problems other than a small problem with the main pivot screws loosening. I contacted Turner, and they shipped me a thru-bolt assembly upgrade free of charge. They are pretty good in their support.

So, obviously I am biased, but my after my 10 month experience with it, I would choose the DHR for sure...

|

10/25/2009 1:32 PM

thank you for the comment.
how well does the turner jump?

|

10/26/2009 8:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2011 5:10 PM

that was one tricky thing actually. I am 6' 1" and I was going to get a large, however, I was talked down by Turner to get a MED since they say the bike handles better and in the air was very stable. Indeed for me a MED is great, here in Costa Rica we have very technical stuff, and it corners insanely...

One thing I noticed, even with my setup (I have a 2008 888 RC# WC, which is a heavy fork) the bike's overall weight bias is really balanced (front/back) , which could help it to be stable in the air, and certainly for me, a MED is a lot more flickable than the LG. I suppose there could be bikes that handle better in the air (don't know since I haven't tested them) but this one is pretty nimble, and the way it handles on the ground is enough for me!

FYI too, right now you could get a new 09 SM or MD DHR at Go-Ride for $1599, which is about $1200 less than a 951 or a 303R... So its a great deal too!

|

10/26/2009 4:24 PM

thanks for the FYI, that is why i was curious about it because you can get for so cheap. and i am about 6 foot so thanks for the tip on the medium.

|