Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Pro GRT - World's Team selection info for Pro & Jr riders

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2011 11:35 PM

The PRO GRT events will have a greater factor in selecting the Worlds team this year. From Marc Gullickson (USAC)....

"I have included all of these Pro GRT events in my Elite and Junior World Championship selection document.

For Elite Men and Women DH riders, the top American in the overall final results if they are ranked in the top 3 overall will make the Worlds team...

...Junior men and women the rider with a racing age of 17-18 with the fastest finish time for each of the 5 events will be put into a pool and out of that pool 2 men and 1 woman will be chosen using the results from the Winter Park Crankworx event."

what's this mean? Get your ass to the Pro GRTs! :thumb:

|

Jeremiah Dylan Dean
Ryno Power www.rynopower.com

3/3/2011 8:59 AM

Does Mark read these rules before he makes them? What if the top American is not in the top three? How about this; riders from outside the U.S. don't get points on the GRT. Time we stopped having a road rider make up the rules too. He upgraded one of my riders to pro in DS/4X , but not downhill. Then a week later when I was arguing the pro vet class with him stated and I quote " you're either a pro or not". Again not about what your doing here Dylan, but what the hell are these folks in CO doing? A top five in any cat was good for upgrade. Now they have this sliding scale "you have to be top five out of all ages in that cat". If the numbers were bigger I might understand.

|

3/3/2011 9:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2011 9:43 AM

Wild Bill Kelso wrote:

Does Mark read these rules before he makes them? What if the top American is not in the top three? How about this; riders from outside the U.S. don't get points on the GRT. Time we stopped having a road rider make up the rules too. He upgraded one of my riders to pro in DS/4X , but not downhill. Then a week later when I was arguing the pro vet class with him stated and I quote " you're either a pro or not". Again not about what your doing here Dylan, but what the hell are these folks in CO doing? A top five in any cat was good for upgrade. Now they have this sliding scale "you have to be top five out of all ages in that cat". If the numbers were bigger I might understand.

I think the "you have to be top five out of all ages in that cat" makes a lot of sense. Winning an Expert 60+ event doesn't exactly make you ready for the Pro class unless your time was truly competitive among everyone. The Pro class has no age restrictions...

Thanks for the heads up JDD.

|