Posts
88
Joined
8/30/2009
Location
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Edited Date/Time
8/17/2014 8:30am
I have been waiting for this frame for a while, and it is basically stunning in person. I have been riding almost exclusively transition bikes since 05' when I bought one of the first bottlerockets and this is an ace...
I wanted to build a bike that wasn't super blingy and touchy, just solid and something I could travel with. I have no idea on weight but my finely calibrated hand puts it at about 36-37 lbs, perfectly reasonable for my usage: primarily freeride, few races, and traveling this summer.

Few notes about the bike:
-Wet Screams - The northeast is a mess right now after a wet winter, scoping some fresh lines right now and these are necessary, they will be replaced with minions when it dries out
-e.13 Cranks - 170mm is about right for me with lo pro pedals, these things are brilliant, giant bearings and easy installation/removal I really can't see a bad side
-Size - The bike is a medium, I am 5'10 and typically ride smalls because i like smaller bikes...this frame is dialed for my height just right
-Rear Dropout - Read some concerns about rear wheel changing and the chip flying out...Once you get the cables mounted the rear wheel removal and installation is a breeze but the 3mm lock screw is a bit odd, we need at least a 4mm
-Shock installation - I had to unbolt the linkage to get the fox in there, maybe im an moron, maybe not, but the rebound is a bit tough to adjust
-Build Quality - It is above almost everything transition has done in the past and I am a vet owner, an already great company stepped it up
All around beauty - When you see one of these in person you will get it, it's the perfect park/short travel race bike






With my blue baby

xc mode

Spec
Frame: Transition TR250 Flat Black Medium
Shock: Fox Coil DHX 4
Bars: Gravity Light
Stem: Thompson
Headset: E.13 cup low stack
Grips: Ruffian
Fork: Rock Shox Totem Air
Rotors: 203/185mm Saint
Brake Lever: Saint
Brake Caliper: Saint
Shifter: X.O
Derailure: X.9
Cassette: Shimano Road
Crank: e.13 w/ BB
Ring: E.13 36t Black
Guide: E.13 LG1+ Black
Chain: SRAM PC 99
Seatpost: Thompson
Seat Clamp: Transition
Seat: WTB Silverado
Pedals: Canfield Brothers Crampon
Hubs: Hope Pro II Black & Chub (f)
Rims: Transition Silver
Spokes: Black Straight Guage
Nipples: Silver
Tires: Wet Screams
I wanted to build a bike that wasn't super blingy and touchy, just solid and something I could travel with. I have no idea on weight but my finely calibrated hand puts it at about 36-37 lbs, perfectly reasonable for my usage: primarily freeride, few races, and traveling this summer.

Few notes about the bike:
-Wet Screams - The northeast is a mess right now after a wet winter, scoping some fresh lines right now and these are necessary, they will be replaced with minions when it dries out
-e.13 Cranks - 170mm is about right for me with lo pro pedals, these things are brilliant, giant bearings and easy installation/removal I really can't see a bad side
-Size - The bike is a medium, I am 5'10 and typically ride smalls because i like smaller bikes...this frame is dialed for my height just right
-Rear Dropout - Read some concerns about rear wheel changing and the chip flying out...Once you get the cables mounted the rear wheel removal and installation is a breeze but the 3mm lock screw is a bit odd, we need at least a 4mm
-Shock installation - I had to unbolt the linkage to get the fox in there, maybe im an moron, maybe not, but the rebound is a bit tough to adjust
-Build Quality - It is above almost everything transition has done in the past and I am a vet owner, an already great company stepped it up
All around beauty - When you see one of these in person you will get it, it's the perfect park/short travel race bike






With my blue baby

xc mode

Spec
Frame: Transition TR250 Flat Black Medium
Shock: Fox Coil DHX 4
Bars: Gravity Light
Stem: Thompson
Headset: E.13 cup low stack
Grips: Ruffian
Fork: Rock Shox Totem Air
Rotors: 203/185mm Saint
Brake Lever: Saint
Brake Caliper: Saint
Shifter: X.O
Derailure: X.9
Cassette: Shimano Road
Crank: e.13 w/ BB
Ring: E.13 36t Black
Guide: E.13 LG1+ Black
Chain: SRAM PC 99
Seatpost: Thompson
Seat Clamp: Transition
Seat: WTB Silverado
Pedals: Canfield Brothers Crampon
Hubs: Hope Pro II Black & Chub (f)
Rims: Transition Silver
Spokes: Black Straight Guage
Nipples: Silver
Tires: Wet Screams
also how does it perform thru rough sections? like rocky stuff
As for getting the shock in and out of there, its easiest to undo the front shock mount first. Then the linkage can move forward freely.
Post a reply to: My TR250