Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2012 PMB World Cup Track Ideas

Related:
Create New Tag

7/19/2011 11:08 PM

Hey Guys and girls

Seeing as i will be starting with some track upgrades soon in preperation for the 2012 opening round, I thought I'd throw this out there and get some ideas from you the spectator (and WC racer maybe) as to what changes you'd like to see on the course for 2012.

We obviously want to make the course even more fun for the racers than 2011 and i was thinking of adding in some hand-built rock gardens in the steep stuff up top to give the riders more to think about up there. Unfortunately the trees that are planted in the plantation the track goes through dont give us nice rooty sections, so i am toying with the idea of building some rock gardens similar to some of the man-made ones at the top of Fort Bill.

The pedal and finish may change for 2013 Worlds but seem unlikely for 2012 due to logistics of finish areas etc. So i am going to base the whole pedal with granite to make it roll fast like a bmx track and add in some more jumps and maybe some berms.

BUT I am open to ideas. - so lets hear what you guys think / would-do-if-you-were-in-my-position.

Looking forward to hearing your constructive comments.
Cheers

Nige (the Course Builder for the PMB World Cup DH)

|