Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Support Pogonip Trail In Santa Cruz

Related:
Create New Tag

11/10/2011 7:41 PM

http://www.mbosc.org/local-parks/pogonip/

Santa Cruz county is some to some of the best bike companies in the world, but trying to open LEGAL trails here is like pulling teeth out of the Sierra Club's war dogs. This simple, community designed, and desperately wanted trail is going to get burried before it gets built unless people can show their support for this Multi Use trail. Please take some time to read Mike Farrentino's blog and then send your comments in SUPPORT of this trail to mgarcia@cityofsantacruz.com and send a copy as well to citycouncil@cityofsantacruz.com
Thanks
Denver

|

11/12/2011 11:26 AM

Thanks for putting this on the home page!

|

11/13/2011 9:33 AM

I sent mine.

|

11/13/2011 10:26 AM

Also sent.

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.

11/13/2011 7:07 PM

Being 15 I don't know how much my voice will effect the outcome. I did send my message. After riding in this area for 3 years, i want to be able to continue riding here in the future. The issue hits me close to home and I wish this issue is resolved soon.

|

11/14/2011 10:31 AM

@Mitchell Pisciotta Of course your voice is important. In fact, I think that your being fifteen and caring enough to make yourself heard like an adult will impress the powers that be more than us old people. Keep riding and keep caring. I hope to see you on the Pogonip trail some day.

|

11/14/2011 1:43 PM

@Big Bird: Agreed! I think it's awesome that a young shredder stepped up! It's too bad more groms don't do that, as it really shows responsibility and maturity. There are a lot of adults who don't ever get involved with anything.

|

11/14/2011 10:25 PM

@Mitchell Pisciotta At least something is hitting close to home. It's really nice to see mountain bikers caring about more than the 30 feet of trail in front of them. Recently I was struck by how some people were reacting to the heat of local residents at the shuttling hotspot off highway 9. It was clear they did not have the longevity of our open access to fantastic trails in mind, so it's great seeing a young gun trying to add positivity to the community.

I had a blast reading Farrentino's blog. He does a great job mocking hikers' concerns about axe-wielding apocalyptic bicyclists. We're comin for you!

|

12/7/2011 7:38 AM

The local mountain bike club that is doing so much legwork to make this trail happen has posted an online petition. If you could sign and send and then pass it along to as many people as possible it will help combat the local sierra club's petition.

Thanks to everyone who has sent their letters!

http://www.mbosc.org/local-parks/pogonip/petition/

|