The Porcupine's little sibling combines low rolling resistance and a defined tread into a package that makes the CANIS a real all-rounder for the Cross Country segment.
OLD VS NEW
Based on the iconic tread design of the long-established and well-proven CANIS, the latest iteration introduces some new features while keeping the key design that allows the CANIS to continue to excel in its element.
- Modernized sizing: 2.3“ instead of 2.25“
- Additional side knobs for improved cornering grip
- Redesigned centre tread for optimized rolling resistance and brake performance
From softer and muddier terrain to bone-dry and hard-packed trails: Thanks to the proven design our CANIS can handle it all.
- Ramped knobs provide low rolling resistance and guarantee continuous ground contact
- Defined side knobs for traction on softer terrain
- Dual support to prevent side knobs from folding while cornering
CANIS MODELS AND SPECS
|Part #||Colour||Category||Size||Weight||ETRTO||Casing||TPI||Bead||Rubber||Tech Notes||MSRP EURO||MSRP USD||Availability|
|A1322010||Black||XC | Marathon||29x2.30||800g||59-622||XCC||60||foldable / Kevlar||Medium Compound 60||TLR||EUR 64.90||USD 69.90||NOW|
|A1322020||Skinwall||XC | Marathon||29x2.30||780g||59-622||XCC||60||foldable / Kevlar||Medium Compound 60||TLR||EUR 69.90||USD 74.90||NOW|
APPENDIX - TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
All ONZA tires feature a dual compound rubber construction, meaning they consist out of two different rubber compounds with certain properties. Generally spoken a combination of the following rubbers is used in our tires:
- soft, slow rebounding side knobs (45a)
- harder center tread (50a or 60a)
- 50 - Soft Compound 50 (50a / 45a) for Enduro, DH and E-MTB
- 60 - Medium Compound 60 (60a / 45a) for Cross Country, Marathon, Trail and All Mountain
XCC CROSS COUNTRY CASING
The XCC casing is optimized for maximum speed and low weight. The choice for Cross Country and Marathon riders.
- 60 TPI single-ply casing
- Foldable Kevlar beads
- Tubeless Ready (TLR) rubber coating