Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Summer job

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2013 7:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2013 2:15 PM

Hi!

My nephew is a big MTB and enduro fan, he holds a certification for sports camp councelling and will be visiting from France next summer. Any idea for a summer internship/job in the DC area?

Thanks,
Will

|

11/4/2013 8:53 PM

Uncle Will,

Your nephew might have an exciting opportunity. The USFS headquarters is in DC.
1400 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, D.C.
20250-0003

Enduro is definitely a developing trend. A really good foothold might be to advocate for special event planning with Enduro racing. Everyone remembers rampage. It still went on in a national park despite government closures. I personally don't know what went down to keep the show rolling, but it probably made a shit ton of money.

The time is right for the gov to analyze user groups for possible revenue. If your nephew wants to get his hands dirty, i'm not sure how vibrant of a single-track scene is in the immediate area (dc). If he'd like to inquire about setting up a framework for generations to come, administratively, dc might be the best place.

This might be from pursuing an avenue in sustainability. Special event planning for things like mountain bike races will have a certain ecological footprint. Pioneering advances in special event planning for this new form of racing will provide maximum natural and fiscal resource management.

Just market yourself in sustainable leadership. This could range from using bio-degradable cups to managing camping/pit areas. Hailing from France, your nephew grew up in the best place for enduro,in my opinion. The cert for counseling is good, but a comprehensive knowledge of how to schedule/ manage special events would be key.

So yeah, get some research in, and tell the USFS enduro, ie MTB, will bring revenue.

The time is perfect. Racing is somewhat at an all-time low in the US. Advocacy coming from informed individuals who try to partner with institutions is what will push Merica to better racing.

Sean

|

11/5/2013 5:49 AM

Thanks! We will look into it. Research and advocacy may be a little ambitious but he is definitely ready to get his hands dirty smile

|