Accessibility Widget: On | Off

New Pads Drag HELP

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2015 9:35 PM

Hey everyone!!! I recently purchased a norco six one and the bike needed new pads. So I had my LBS order pads (Sintered Hayes 9)and they installed them for me both front and rear. When I bought the bike the levers worked fine, now the front brake has a lot of play in it and it doesn't return to a locked position, rear lever is fine. But both tires seem to just drag and have tons and tons of rolling resistance. If I lift the back tire up and spin it it will do maybe a half rotation before halting entirely. I'm not sure where the issue lies in this problem. Any and all comments or help is extremely welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

|

8/11/2015 8:30 AM

First off, your LBS needs to fix this problem. It sounds to me like they may not have spread the pistons when they installed the new pads. I'm not sure about the front lever.

|

8/11/2015 10:32 AM

Yes take it back to them.

|

8/11/2015 1:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2015 1:46 PM

Depending on how long it's been since those brakes were bled, the fluid could have drawn in water and when the new pads were installed the shop had to let some fluid out to make room for the pistons to return to full open. If that was the case (kinda sounds like it is if they're still rubbing) the shop should have called and recommended a full bleed.
The lever, without seeing it or a better description of what it's doing, can't really tell you much. Bad master cylinder? Sticky pistons?
Edit: Oh, and take it back to the shop.

|

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.