Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Need help!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2015 8:45 PM

Sooo.... I don't have too much money. My budget is around $1200. Atm I am looking at the raleigh tokul 3. It is a trail bike, but is it good for climbing? I cannot find any good reviews about it. I don't know too much about mtb. It will be an upgrade from my orbea Sport 29 10. Please help, thank you! Any other HT bikes you would recommend?

|

2/13/2015 6:33 PM

Let's just start back at the beginning. Give me some time to look them up.

|

2/13/2015 6:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2015 6:56 PM

Sorry. I was distracted by the syndicate news. By "Trail Geometry" they probably mean "Now it has a more fun and stable, slacker head angle than we used to make." The slightly smaller wheels will be a bit stronger as a system and a bit livelier on the trail. The only real change in climbing prowess will be that the front end may tend to wander a bit more on steep climbs, but to me that's well worth the trade off as the downhill part has always been why I climb. The longer travel on the fork should be the biggest change/improvement. It's a glorious feeling to be having fun, charge into a section way too fast and come out the other side safely thanks to more or better fork. I get paid in t-thirts and stickers.

|

2/13/2015 6:59 PM

Big Bird wrote:

Sorry. I was distracted by the syndicate news. By "Trail Geometry" they probably mean "Now it has a more fun and stable, ...more

Alright thanks!

|