Accessibility Widget: On | Off

History Lesson: Chainspotting

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2011 7:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2011 7:13 PM

If you remember this one and you live in the USA, you should be worried about the current financial situation because your social security checks are at risk right now (not really, you're just old). That being said, I sure do remember having my mind blown up by watching the Martins ride trials.

Peat and Warner are always good to watch.

And yes, back then bike movies had real super 8mm footage in them, not just BS after effects filter packs.

Oh the good old days.

!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't remember the weird James Bond intro style avant garde section... don't watch Part 3 while you're at work, there's obscured boobies and you might get grounded by your mom/boss for having that on screen while clocked in !!!!!!!!!!!!

?rel=0

?rel=0

?rel=0

?rel=0
|

8/9/2011 7:15 PM

Forgot part 5:

?rel=0
|

8/12/2011 10:43 AM

" who put that fooking bush there" lol
classic

|

8/12/2011 2:51 PM

Peaty and Warner... young?!? A great watch for a boring Friday afternoon at work, thanks for putting up such a classic.

|

The MTB paradigm:

ride (build+maintain) = a sh!tload of fun.

"Too weird to live... too rare to die" (H. Thompson)

8/12/2011 4:34 PM

Good call - as a Brit getting into mountain biking in the late nineties - this video was a massive influence on me

for some even more wayback history, check out Dirt (not the magazine) featuring an even younger Rob Warner, and UK downhill mountain biking's first star - Jason McRoy Clip from 1994 ...still missed

|