Accessibility Widget: On | Off

Getting a DJ/street bike

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2012 1:10 PM

I'm going to buy a DJ/street type of hard tail but i don't know what to get. I'm especially unsure if I need gears, and some of the ones that have gears are over $1000, when Im lookin for like a $800 dollar bike or so. I'm just lookin for a bike that is durable, and can ride almost anywhere(except trails), but I can still bike up some hills and stuff. Does anyone know some good bikes like this that are cheaper, and do I need gears?

|

5/24/2012 8:06 AM

If you're mostly going to be riding jumps and park, I would go single speed. It's so much simpler and quieter. I don't know the pricing, but the new cromo P bikes from Specialized look pretty sweet. But almost any company you like probably offers a similar bike.

|

5/24/2012 12:40 PM

Big Bird wrote:

If you're mostly going to be riding jumps and park, I would go single speed. It's so much simpler and quieter. I don't know ...more

I dont raelly hav access to park, but Im making alot of jumps and stuff, but the enviroment isn't exactly as smooth and roomy. Some times I need to get up to speed in a small space, or go uphill a little to hit a drop, is it that hard to just use single speed?

|

5/25/2012 7:58 AM

It's all a matter of the gearing that you choose. Most dirt jumpers use a pretty stiff gear. I prefer a two to one ratio and spin 'em faster to get my go.

|