Geo Vs. travel

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2016 5:00 PM

With the New enduro bikes coming out now longer, lower and slacker than ever they have pretty much become mini downhill rigs. Which makes me wonder;

What would be fastest down a
Mountain these days, a 2016 160mm enduro bike or a 10 year old full 200mm downhill sled?

|

4/11/2016 2:48 AM

hello, i own and use a 2008 intense m3 with offset bushings and WorksComponents 1'headset AND a 2013 commencal Meta sx with WorksComponents 1'headset and an RC Lyric 170 DH which rides AMAZINLY everywhere (ok may not uphill but i'm ok with that!!!!)….
BUT when things are really steep and scetchy … even a 10years old DH bike (at least m3) feels much better, faster and confident than my "trail" bike …

|

4/11/2016 4:50 AM

cheers for your comparison, I find it really interesting and your meta sx ,imo, sounds like a sweet rig. But from the sounds of things you have lowered and slackened your m3 with the use of offset bushings and an angle set. For arguments sake, would you feel as confident on it in its original factory settings over the meta sx? Keeping in mind that i belive your sx would then be a lot slacker than your standard m3.

|

4/11/2016 5:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2016 5:58 AM

JLutzy you are so right, i was amazed when i first rode the SX, it felt as if i was on a big bike for sure !!!! and the truth is that the M3 is another bike with the changes i did (specialy the offset bushings, they transformed the riding mainly by lowering the bike).
and the numbers ….
m3_ was HA 66.5 and changed to 64.6 (angle headset 1' +offset bushings)
SX_ was HA 66 and changed to 64.4 (angle headset 1' +170 to 160mm fork)
But still the confidence i feel riding the big bike on steep trails is unmatched!!!

|

4/11/2016 6:04 AM

Yeh cool. In my personal experience I have only every ridden modernish bikes so cheers for your insight.

|

4/11/2016 12:21 PM

You're ignoring the bike's weight, which could offer quite a bit of confidence and stability in rougher terrain.

|

Ass Ass Ass