freewheel remover

2620
Posts
3
Joined
6/18/2010
Location
Appleton, WI, USA
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 4:29am
Yesterday my friend called me up, and asked if I could replace some spokes in his rear wheel. I went to his house, and realized I needed a freewheel remover. I looked online for the correct one but can't find it any where. It is a sram. I don't know what model. Does any freewheel remover work?
|
chequamie
Posts
17
Joined
8/2/2009
Location
Denver, CO, USA
8/4/2012 7:02pm
park lock ring tool (cassette cracker) i dont have the part number but they are about 12-15 bucks most lbs will crack the cassette for no charge if you ask nicely
Big Bird
Posts
2352
Joined
2/1/2011
Location
Oceano, CA, USA
8/4/2012 7:26pm
There is a funky Campy tool that is very similar, but most cassettes use the standard tool. Some are small and intended to be gripped with a wrench. Others have a long handle attached. What you also need is a cassette wrench which holds the cassette with a short piece of chain on a long handle. If you have some kind of vertical wooden structure, (I've used doorways and work bench legs.) You can jam a few sprocket teeth into it to turn against. Oh, and a six pack usually gets it done too.
2620
Posts
3
Joined
6/18/2010
Location
Appleton, WI, USA
8/12/2012 8:57am
Thanks guys.

Post a reply to: freewheel remover

The Latest