Accessibility Widget: On | Off

2015 Trek Session 88 Large Upgraded $4500

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2016 11:22 AM

This is brand new frame from Trek and will be sold without ever being ridden. The original had some issues with clear coat so I had it replaced at the end of the 2015 season and the new frame has never been ridden. The Session 88 DH is an aluminum frame running 27.5" wheels for great rollover qualities to go with the proven suspension platform. It's the perfect bike for Northstar days or any other true downhill terrain. This bike started life as a stock Session 88 DH 27.5 but I upgraded the fork, shock and most recently the wheels. Frame features include 210mm of travel in the rear, 203mm of travel in the fork, Active Braking Pivot, a Full Floater Shock mount and adjustable geometry. When you add in the Cane Creek Double Barrel coil shock, Fox 40 FLOAT fork and light stiff carbon wheels the package is fast, stable and extremely forgiving. The fork, shock and drivetrain have less than 12 hours of riding on them and the wheels have under 4 hours on them. I'm selling the bike because I'm not going to have time to ride up at Northstar much in 2016. I'm asking $4,500 given the package.

The frame is new and the other parts are in very good condition. The stanchions on the fork are perfectly clean with no scratches but the lowers have a couple of scratches clearly shown in the attached pictures. The crank arms have normal scuff marks from a short season of riding but nothing major, I have crank guards on them to reduce that. The carbon wheels have some minimal scratches in the clear coat but are otherwise in perfect condition.

Local buyers are preferred but I am willing to pack and ship if we work out a deal.

Specifications:
Frame: Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP Convert DH, Full Floater, E2 tapered head tube, integrated frame protection, internal control routing, EVO Link, Mino Link, 210mm travel
Rear Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil with 4-Way Adjustability (High and Low Speed on both Rebound and Compression) Coil Spring installed is 550lbs and I will include a 500lbs spring as well. ($650 retail)
Fork: Fox RC2 FIT 40 air fork with Kashima-coated stanchions, High and Low Speed Compression adjustments, Rebound adjustment and internal Bottom Out adjustment ($1,700 retail)
Wheels: DT Swiss FR hubs laced to 440 gram carbon fiber rims with 31.6mm internal width hookless beads. Can be set up tubeless.
Shifters: SRAM X9, 10 Speed
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X0, Type 2 with clutch
Crank: Truvativ Descendant DH, 36T chain ring
Cassette: SRAM 11-26T
Saddle: Bontrager Evoke 2
Seatpost: Bontrager Rhythm Elite
Handlebar: Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 15mm rise
Stem: Bontrager Rhythm Pro Direct Mount
Brakeset: Avid CODE R
Tires: Bontrager G4 Team Issue 27.5x2.35"

Photo

Photo