Accessibility Widget: On | Off

What's in or on your pack?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/25/2011 6:46 PM

Not really happy with a lot of bags out there and may design my own.

Just wondering what is in or on your backpack.

What do you use most?

What do you take just in case?

I cary always a 3l blader, pump, tubes, tire lever, sun glasses, knee-shins, shock pump, 2 sets of allen keys, chain tool, cell phone.

Sometimes I cary a full face, lube, extra derailleur and cable (really), jacket, knee warmers, arm warmers, extra jersey, bag of granola.

Thanks.

|

Memory Pilot Sox, Mudguards, Custom Mudguards

11/26/2011 9:21 AM

You should pose this question to Pete Stace Smith, one of the VPs from Norco Bikes. He carries almost half of another bike with him on rides so that everyone can ride out. Really, like a twenty pound pack. No wonder he does such nice nose wheelies. In terms of what I carry. All the stuff that you mention, plus I always take it upon myself to bring medical supplies. Nobody plans on getting hurt, but it beats packing a gaping wound with moss like on the TV. I bring antiseptic, big Band Aids, a roll of gauze, athletic tape (The white stuff for taping ankles etc.), and a space blanket for sleeping rough or keeping shock at bay. I've never had to use any of it yet, but when the time comes, I'll be a hero. You could make the first aid kit a feature of the pack.

|

12/24/2011 12:13 PM

I have my bladder, arm warmers, 2 sets of allen keys, Gerber Folding knife, leaterman multi-tool, 2 extra tubes, pump and CO2, first aid supplies (bandages and anaseptic wipes), 3 extra chain links, map, compass, emergency shelter (basically a big plastic trash bag with a hood),whistle, snacks.

In the summer do not carry my arm warmers. I also have my phone with me most of the time.

|