Can't view the videos?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/1/2016 9:00 PM

I don't seem to be able to watch videos... All that happens is it comes up with the black box that says initializing and then doesn't load. Didn't used to happen, and I recently upgraded (if you can call it that) from windows 7 to 10, not sure if that would effect it. Happens in Chrome and Microsoft Edge (only time I ever used MS Edge was to check lol).

If anyone has any ideas, would be great. Thanks

|

6/2/2016 10:22 AM

This is being looked into, will update here once we're able to replicate. Thanks for letting us know too.

|

6/4/2016 2:00 AM

Marcusoutside wrote:

I don't seem to be able to watch videos... All that happens is it comes up with the black box that says initializing and then doesn't load. Didn't used to happen, and I recently upgraded (if you can call it that) from windows 7 to 10, not sure if that would effect it. Happens in Chrome and Microsoft Edge (only time I ever used MS Edge was to check lol).

I'm having the same problem.I can't watch any of the videos posted.I tried using Chrome,Firefox,IE,Edge,Opera ,non off them worked.I've even tried using a VPN,but that didn't work.A month or so I could watch them no problem.

|

6/4/2016 4:10 AM

Marcusoutside wrote:

The thing I am most sad about is not being able to watch Vital RAW of the WCDH right now

|

6/4/2016 4:15 AM

Marcusoutside wrote:

I feel you bruh.I hope they going to fix it,because I need that RAW "music"to my ears.

|

6/4/2016 4:27 AM

Marcusoutside wrote:

Stalker wrote:

I feel you bruh.I hope they going to fix it,because I need that RAW "music"to my ears.

Yea. For some reason this is fine to watch for me though, even the video sections of it...

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Dear-Wheels-Were-Sorry-Fort-William-DH-Action,10172/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2

|

6/4/2016 4:33 AM

Marcusoutside wrote:

Stalker wrote:

Marcusoutside wrote:

Yea. For some reason this is fine to watch for me though, even the video sections of it...

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Dear-Wheels-Were-Sorry-Fort-William-DH-Action,10172/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2

That's working for me to.It's almost kinda wierd ,that the videos ,from slideshow are working,but others don't.

|

6/6/2016 10:06 AM

Marcusoutside wrote:

All that are experiencing this issue, could any of you provide me with any additional information about your setups?

Ideally I'd like to know;

Type of computer - tablet, desktop, notebook etc. Also, brands and models if possible.

Any security software you're running - Norton, McAfee etc.

What your default Windows security settings are; found in Start >> Settings (cog icon) >> Search 'Internet Options' and select that item >> Security Tab at top of newly opened window. There should be a slider illustrating a 'security level'. Describe what you see here.

If anyone is confident in looking further in to any errors on page, if you navigate to a video page, right-click in some white space on the page (assuming Edge here, but similar works for other browsers), select 'Inspect'. This should open an analytic view of the website. At the top of this new section, you should see a 'Console' tab, select this. Now reload the page. If any of you would be able to screen-shot the output from this section to us, that would be much appreciated.

Apologies for this - we are currently testing this on a fresh Windows 10 install and aren't seeing the described issues, so looking for a continuity between your setups will help us resolve this as quickly as possible.

Many thanks.

|

6/6/2016 10:01 PM

Marcusoutside wrote:

edson_bsx wrote:

All that are experiencing this issue, could any of you provide me with any additional information about your setups?

Ideally I'd like to know;

Type of computer - tablet, desktop, notebook etc. Also, brands and models if possible.

Any security software you're running - Norton, McAfee etc.

What your default Windows security settings are; found in Start >> Settings (cog icon) >> Search 'Internet Options' and select that item >> Security Tab at top of newly opened window. There should be a slider illustrating a 'security level'. Describe what you see here.

If anyone is confident in looking further in to any errors on page, if you navigate to a video page, right-click in some white space on the page (assuming Edge here, but similar works for other browsers), select 'Inspect'. This should open an analytic view of the website. At the top of this new section, you should see a 'Console' tab, select this. Now reload the page. If any of you would be able to screen-shot the output from this section to us, that would be much appreciated.

Apologies for this - we are currently testing this on a fresh Windows 10 install and aren't seeing the described issues, so looking for a continuity between your setups will help us resolve this as quickly as possible.

Many thanks.

It happens on both my desktop (built by me so a mash up of parts) and my laptop (dell POS)

The slider is at medium high.

I have my install as private as possible however as I really hate all of the privacy BS that microsoft put into windows 10, so I have disabled everything in the privacy settings and I also have a program called spybot anti beacon which essentially does all of the registry edits to stop sending info to MS without me having to manually do the registry edits myself, I have pretty much everything immunised. Running version 1.5.0.35 Link below:

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

If there is any other info I can get you, just sing out.

|

6/7/2016 8:43 AM

Marcusoutside wrote:

It happens on both my desktop (built by me so a mash up of parts) and my laptop (dell POS)

The slider is at medium high.

I have my install as private as possible however as I really hate all of the privacy BS that microsoft put into windows 10, so I have disabled everything in the privacy settings and I also have a program called spybot anti beacon which essentially does all of the registry edits to stop sending info to MS without me having to manually do the registry edits myself, I have pretty much everything immunised. Running version 1.5.0.35 Link below:

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

If there is any other info I can get you, just sing out.

Marcusoutside, thank you very much for this, that info is really helpful. I've tested the Spybot Anti Beacon software and that doesn't appear to be the issue, however the info from your screenshot gives us something solid to work with. I'll update here once the issue has been resolved.

|

6/7/2016 10:15 AM

Marcusoutside wrote:

To all affected by this issue; we believe the problem has arisen because Windows 10 appears to use its own DNS setting, which is conflicting with some code in our new ad service. We're looking at a full-term solution to cover all, but in the meantime, you can try reseting this to a more reliable DNS provider (such as Google) using this helpful article; http://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-speed-up-web-browsing/

If anyone implements this successfully and resolves their issue, if you could let us know that would be much appreciated.

|

6/7/2016 1:07 PM

Marcusoutside wrote:

We have implemented a potential fix for this issue. Could anyone who's previously experienced this issue please let us know if this has had any affect.

Many thanks.
|

6/7/2016 5:46 PM

Marcusoutside wrote:

edson_bsx wrote: We have implemented a potential fix for this issue. Could anyone who's previously experienced this issue please let us know if this has had any affect.

Many thanks.

Doesn't seem to have fixed it.

Changing my DNS doesn't help either, still gets the same error message.

Thanks for helping, I really look forward to watching vital RAW

|

6/8/2016 1:54 PM

Marcusoutside wrote:

Another hopeful fix for this issue has been implemented today. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

|

6/8/2016 6:04 PM

Marcusoutside wrote:

edson_bsx wrote:

Another hopeful fix for this issue has been implemented today. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks a bunch, now I'm off to catch up on VITAL RAW!!

|

6/8/2016 6:31 PM

Marcusoutside wrote:

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks a bunch, now I'm off to catch up on VITAL RAW!!

You're very welcome. Apologies it couldn't be resolved sooner. Enjoy Vital RAW!

|

7/21/2016 1:50 AM

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but I seem to have exactly the same problem with the slideshows now.... Would love to watch the one about lendzerheide and Troy's mechanic but all I get is a black screen...

|

7/21/2016 12:15 PM

Marcusoutside wrote:

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but I seem to have exactly the same problem with the slideshows now.... Would love to watch the one about lendzerheide and Troy's mechanic but all I get is a black screen...

We've added the corresponding fix from the video player issue to slideshows now. As before the issue seems to be quite rare so haven't been able to completely replicate the original issue so if you could let us know if this is now resolved for you it would be much appreciated.

|

7/22/2016 1:23 AM

edson_bsx wrote:

We've added the corresponding fix from the video player issue to slideshows now. As before the issue seems to be quite rare so haven't been able to completely replicate the original issue so if you could let us know if this is now resolved for you it would be much appreciated.

Thank you! All fixed.

|