Accessibility Widget: On | Off
Update as of 2PM EST on Saturday, June 25 - The course is currently dry enough for riders to practice. Finals are tentatively planned for 4PM EST.

Update as of 10:45AM EST on Friday, June 24 - Qualifiers have been pushed back AGAIN due to constant rain. Riders will meet at 11AM tomorrow morning (Saturday) to determine what to do. Hopefully the rain stops! Fingers crossed... A tentative schedule has been set with practice from 5PM-7PM EST followed by a two run Finals at 7PM.


Things were looking good at Highland until Thursday afternoon when the rain came. Before it started pouring, pro slopestyle shredder Nick Simcik was able to snag a helmet cam run of the course:

Shortly after this video was taken, the skies opened up and it hasn't stopped raining since (it's misting as of 12pm EST). The build crew at Highland quickly covered the lips and landings with giant tarps hoping to keep it as dry as possible. Due to the rain, qualifiers have been postponed until Saturday.
Photo: Yannick GranieriFor more information on the event, visit or, and don't forget to tune in to Vital MTB this Saturday at 4:30pm EST for the LIVE coverage of slopestyle finals.

Create New Tag
Show More Comment(s) / Leave a Comment