Accessibility Widget: On | Off

upgrade advice!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2013 6:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2013 6:24 PM

First off a little back round, I am a 14 yr old kid with a 2012 diamond back overdrive 29. I'm looking to upgrade. Most of the time I mess around with friends on a track we built that has a 8 foot gap a 12 foot sender and we have plans to make even bigger ones but with my current bike i don't feel it can take it. There is a trail that i want to start going to that has some pretty big jumps, the main problem with mine is 1 quality and 2 the suspension, on my bike the quality is low and the suspension sucks. My price is up to 1700 but the least I can spend the best. I want a full suspension and if possible a 27.5. i understand to get a good frame and be able to upgrade everything later, I found a scott voltage fr 30 for 1500, is it a good bike? I have worked all summer for the DB and I assume I will have to do the same for this but I want to get the best for my money. if someone could take some time to tell me all the options I have or just point me in a direction I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot everyone!!!!!!!!!

|

11/7/2013 8:51 PM

Judgeing from the new Voltage on Scott's website seems awesome for doing what you're talking about I would love to ride one of those. You could probably use it for some mellow downhill too. How old is the one you found?

|

11/7/2013 9:41 PM

If jumps and gravity is your main focus, look for a solid 26-inch rig. Far more fun on that type of stuff.

|

11/7/2013 9:51 PM

bturman wrote:

If jumps and gravity is your main focus, look for a solid 26-inch rig. Far more fun on that type of stuff.

Or a slope style bike would be good if your trails are smooth. I believe that Scott is a 26 inch.

|

11/8/2013 12:44 PM

It is a 26 and thanks guys! Do you know of anything that is cheaper or is this a good price?

|

11/8/2013 3:37 PM

connnordoll21 wrote:

It is a 26 and thanks guys! Do you know of anything that is cheaper or is this a good price?

This seems like a good price, how rough are your trails? If there pretty smooth and you want to just use if for jumps and pump tracks you would probably have a blast on a slope style bike. Or you could even get a full on dirt jumper with single speed if your want something for only jumping, but if its your all around bike I would get that Scott or a slope bike.

|

11/8/2013 7:13 PM

connnordoll21 wrote:

Foxheadronnie wrote:

This seems like a good price, how rough are your trails? If there pretty smooth and you want to just use if for jumps and pump tracks you would probably have a blast on a slope style bike. Or you could even get a full on dirt jumper with single speed if your want something for only jumping, but if its your all around bike I would get that Scott or a slope bike.

the trails are some what smooth but I want to get into bigger stuff. my main problem is the jumps that's why I want to switch and I don't want a enduro or XC bike because I would like to get into free ride

|

11/8/2013 7:18 PM

connnordoll21 wrote:

the trails are some what smooth but I want to get into bigger stuff. my main problem is the jumps that's why I want to switch and I don't want a enduro or XC bike because I would like to get into free ride

Get the Scott then you can use if for jumps and a free ride bike. How old is the bike?

|

11/8/2013 7:28 PM

Foxheadronnie wrote:

Get the Scott then you can use if for jumps and a free ride bike. How old is the bike?

2013, I've heard the rear shock isn't the best tho what would you recommend?

|

11/8/2013 7:32 PM

connnordoll21 wrote:

2013, I've heard the rear shock isn't the best tho what would you recommend?

I really don't know much about freeride/downhill shocks in terms of which brands are good. I would just set it up to suit you an run it till it gives you problems.

|

11/8/2013 7:33 PM

Foxheadronnie wrote:

I really don't know much about freeride/downhill shocks in terms of which brands are good. I would just set it up to suit you an run it till it gives you problems.

okay thanks a lot!

|

11/8/2013 7:36 PM

connnordoll21 wrote:

okay thanks a lot!

No problem dude I'm sure you'll have a blast on that thing.

|

11/10/2013 2:29 AM

I rode the voltage 10 and i loved it as a playfull bike, it also handles the rough stuff pretty well.
but if you are on a budget you might want to check out YT-industries, they are well priced and high quality, and Lacondeguy shreds them

|