Accessibility Widget: On | Off

tall rider

Related:
Create New Tag

4/14/2012 10:52 PM

Alright so I am new to this forum and I ride a bmx bike for dirt jumping and I'm looking to get into a 26" hard tail dirt jumper and I have no clue where to start looking and I'm 6'4" any suggestions would be helpful

|

4/15/2012 10:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2012 9:08 PM

Well, I can sort of help you. But I'm a little out of touch with actual market frames. I'm 6'7" and I've solved the problem by building my own frames to fit me. First off, don't even think about getting a frame that doesn't say large or long. Also, stick to a frame with a low bottom bracket as it provides a longer feel to the front end for a given top tube length. I make mine at 12". I tend to measure frames from the center of the bottom bracket to the center/middle of the head tube as this gives a better idea of how long it will feel on the bike. Even though he's pretty short, Carter Holland of Black Market Bikes does a pretty good job of looking out for taller riders. I believe that he makes frames with 23" top tubes. I'm not sure however, how high his bottom brackets are. I'll ask him today and get back to you. ...Time warp. I asked Carter today and they make a 23" TT with a 12 1/4" BB.

|

4/16/2012 1:21 PM

Yeah I looked at that black market mob frame that's a sick frame but it looks like no one carries the 23" top tube model but maybe I could order from them direct I will have to contact them when I'm ready to buy

|