iPhone Apps and Insight for MTBers

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2010 11:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:18 AM

as a new iPhone user, i figured it'd be a great time for all of us to come together and create a resource for iPhones and mountain biking. what kind of apps, functions, storage items etc do you use in relation to bikes?

ready....GO!

if anyone can create some sort of anti-poison oak app (you know like radiation from the phone that removes the itch), i'll gladly pay for it! my knee pit is crawling with poak right now.

|

2/22/2010 11:47 AM

We are in need of more bike apps! Make one please. I'll pay you. All I got that is bike related is bmx grub. Anyone else got anything good?

|

2/22/2010 11:59 AM

I haven't found any terribly useful apps for riding with my iPhone. I use the native apps feature pretty often though, as i ride in some outlying areas that have phone coverage. It's saved my bacon a few times!
There are some GPS apps that seem promising for "bread crumbing" your ride, but I haven't found one that's energy-efficient. There certainly are a handful of really stupid apps out there. The most laughable is the taillight app that turns the screen into a blinking light. Yeeeeah, right. Besides the lack of of a mounting apparatus for this "feature", I can't imagine anyone is willing to hang a $pendy phone off of their a** in the interest of safety. There was some other asinine app that is supposed to turn your iPhone into a cyclometer. It involved attaching something to the fork legs so the iPhone mic could process the sound and calculate velocity. Again, no mention of how to mount the phone to your hbars. Useless.

|

Eat. Ride. Sleep. Repeat.

2/22/2010 12:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2010 12:03 PM

mpora app is kinda cool, you can down load Dirt issues; It will be awesome once the Ipad (worst name ever) comes out.

|

Is it friday yet?

2/22/2010 12:05 PM

endomondo might be of interest if you do lots of all mountain riding or whatever and like statistics and stuff

|

2/22/2010 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:18 AM

Turn this puppy on and jump through your local dirt jumps. Let's see who can get the most hang time . . . Cob currently holds the record on my iTouch.

Also, any G Force meter is a hoot to play with in corners. How hard can you rally turns? Just search for "g force" in the app store.
|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

2/22/2010 12:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2010 12:26 PM

Clinometer is a pretty sweet angle finder. Works great for measuring HA when dialing in a ride.

Oh, and P.S. Don't accidentally throw your phone in with a load of wash. Learned that little tip yesterday. FML!!

|

John Pentecost// International Sales Manager
Yeti Cycles
P// +1-303-278-6909 x1116
Skype// john.pentecost72
yeticycles.com

2/22/2010 12:36 PM

don't forget if you UPLOAD a video to your Vital MTB account, you can watch it on your iPhone

|

2/22/2010 7:22 PM

everyone knows how painstaking it can be taking down notes shock settings when setting them up right? well when i was setting up my RC4 i thort itd b pretty kul if fox made an app for recording all your shock settings. whos with me!

|

keepin' it loose since 1993

2/23/2010 6:35 AM

I haven't used it for mtn biking yet, but I downloaded a free speedo app that registers a "top speed"... was able to hit about 47mph on a blue run on my snowboard once.

|

2/23/2010 1:48 PM

mat prior wrote:

everyone knows how painstaking it can be taking down notes shock settings when setting them up right? well when i was setting up my RC4 i thort itd b pretty kul if fox made an app for recording all your shock settings. whos with me!

you could just use the notes app that comes with the phone..

there's also a handy calculator that converts metric to standard and vice-versa it's free calles measureslite comes in handy when converting from millimeters to inches for bike geometry and stuff like that.

|

2/23/2010 5:51 PM

I've noticed that iphones are the perfect size to scratch by butt crack with. I do this with others' phones when they set them down and aren't looking. That's the best application I've discovered.

|

2/25/2010 5:34 AM

kidwoo wrote:

I've noticed that iphones are the perfect size to scratch by butt crack with. I do this with others' phones when they set them down and aren't looking. That's the best application I've discovered.

next time you're scratching your butt let me know and I'll call ya. Just make sure it's on vibrate.

|

2/25/2010 4:23 PM

airtime app rules. 1.42 seconds of freedom.

|

2/26/2010 7:32 AM

how about a vital app?

|

2/26/2010 7:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2011 5:11 PM

bturman wrote: Turn this puppy on and jump through your local dirt jumps. Let's see who can get the most hang time . . . Cob currently holds the record on my iTouch.

Also, any G Force meter is a hoot to play with in corners. How hard can you rally turns? Just search for "g force" in the app store.

Hahahahahah dudeeeeeeeeee

I was looking for this for soooooooooo longgggggggggggg
|

10/26/2011 8:44 AM

Garmin Fit just got released. Helpful for tracking rides. $0.99

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

10/26/2011 9:22 AM

I don't have an Iphone, but I met a guy at Sea Otter who was hocking an app. for recording info about bikes. I think it was intended for bike shops or people like me with eight bikes to keep track of what parts are on each bike, the fit measurements etc.

|