Accessibility Widget: On | Off

how do you like your protective gear?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2010 11:23 AM

I’m a design intern at Pro-Tec looking for suggestions on how protective gear (helmets/pads) can be improved.

I'd appreciate it if you could leave some quick comments on your gear- or anything you want to see in future gear.
couple questions for you guys to help me out.

how long do your mountain bike?

What do you think about helmet/pads changing these couple years? Anything comes to your mind

Do you always wear Helmet?
if not, why?

Do you always wear pads?
if not, why?

What do you think about Pro-tec as a brand? Anything comes to your mind

Do you own Pro-tec helmets/ pads? what model is it?
If no (What brand/model is it?)

What do you like/dislike about it?

What is the most important thing for you when pick up a helmet?

Do you ever injure with / without helmet/or pads ? Where?

Do you find any problem wearing Pro-tec's helmet/pads?

If you have a chance to change your own gear you will?

Thanks

|

6/1/2010 9:39 AM

I'll skip all those questions and go straight to pads. My biggest problems with pads are that they can be itchy and too hot. I've used a pro-tec B2 helmet and it was really good so I don't know what you could improve with that except make it a little more light weight.

|

6/1/2010 12:29 PM

i got a protec auger this winter, and from what little time i've spent with it on, i really like it. the one thing i'd complain about is how heavy and clunky it feels.

|

6/2/2010 12:46 PM

Better ventilation without compromising protection is what I want in pads these days.

|

6/2/2010 7:27 PM

As a fellow marketer of goods, I'll help support your cause:

Low profile while maintaining adequate protection. Free movement. Good ventilation. Reasonable price. That's pretty much the holy grail, execution is where I feel the industry falls short.

I don't own any Pro-tec equipment. All of my armor is 661, not so much because I have brand loyalty, but because they seem to consistently get the closest to the four qualities listed above (and at the bottom). Their new Evo suit is sweet, mainly due to it having a lower profile (read: less bulky) while maintaining good protection.

We lovingly call it a cockroach suit for a reason, but I think we'd be ok with not actually looking like cockroaches.

I always wear pads when I downhill, along with a full face helmet. I don't have a trail bike right now, but I'm going to start wearing my 661 Kyle Strait knee pads for the gnarlier trails once I get one again.

When I do get hurt with pads, it's usually between the top of my knees and my hips, even though I wear the Bomber Shorts.

Pro-tec as a brand I'm pretty neutral on.

So come up with some cool shiat. Have it reviewed. Sell me it. Put it where I buy it (I've bought from bike shops and online). Make it affordable. I think that covers the P's of marketing.

|

6/14/2010 10:34 AM

Too heavy and too hot!

|