damn derailleur

Spenlardl
Edited Date/Time 8/12/2019 6:59pm
So recently I got a Vitus Nucleus VRS. Thing is great, I can shred trails like never before. I know it's lower end, but for me it was an insane upgrade. Anywho, since I got it I had a weird noise like a kid running a stick on a metal post fence in lower gears, and now it just pops and slips out at every gear. I'm wondering if this was shipping damage, or maybe it just needs better adjustments done.

And if it probably just need adjusting, if anyone knows any good videos/how to's.
|
BHowell
8/13/2019 8:51am
Yo, congrats on the new ride! Any time you get a new bike, there will definitely be a break-in period and various parts on your bike will need some adjustment. The noise you are describing sounds like the derailleur is rubbing on the spokes, you'll want to make adjustments now before that thing gets sucked into your wheel. Here is a pretty sweet video that does the full walkthrough.

https://youtu.be/UkZxPIZ1ngY
Big Bird
8/13/2019 8:59am
Also, mail order bikes routinely arrive with bent derailleur hangers. When it went in the box it probably shifted great. But bump that box on the side and bend the hanger and all of a sudden your shifting into the spokes. Get directly behind your bike with it in a lower gear and look to see if the derailleur is bent in towards the spokes. If so, take it to your LBS and have them straighten your hanger. Then either have them check the tune, or watch the video above and dive in!
Falcon
8/13/2019 11:36am
Man, I love those Park Tool videos. Calvin seems like the kind of guy I'd like to sit around the campfire with and download some info from.

Post a reply to: damn derailleur

The Latest