Accessibility Widget: On | Off

alex pro helped flip a car in the vancouver riot

Related:
Create New Tag

6/20/2011 2:53 PM

|

6/20/2011 5:11 PM

Gone! Come on some these riders are living the dream and act like idiots. Your job is to represent you sponsors in a positive way. This isn't how you do it!

|

6/20/2011 6:07 PM

All I see is a picture with a bunch of idiots in it. They'll get what they deserve sooner or later..

|

6/21/2011 8:52 AM

|

6/21/2011 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2011 10:49 AM

haha

|

6/21/2011 10:39 PM

what a tool.

|

Is it friday yet?

6/22/2011 3:03 AM

keep your booze in check, kid.

|

Ass Ass Ass

6/22/2011 10:35 AM

There is no excuse for such actions. I mean, come on, it's sports! Is it really that important? EPOC did the right thing by firing him, and I hope that all of his other sponsors do to. Hey Blick, what's it gonna be? Man up and do the right thing.

|

6/22/2011 11:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2011 11:35 AM

Big Bird wrote:

There is no excuse for such actions. I mean, come on, it's sports! Is it really that important? EPOC did the right thing by ...more

Oakley recently said goodbye.

I'm not sure where I stand on the situation. He goofed up big time, and yes, there should be some repercussions (help buy a new truck for the guy maybe? Community service?). However, the comments people are leaving on other sites and his sponsors' facebook pages seem as though Alex wronged a bunch of people in a previous life. I'm not entirely sure that he should lose EVERYTHING because of it.

|

6/22/2011 11:17 AM

That might be true, but, ultimately, we are talking about a criminal offense (rioting is a criminal offense) and the repercussions of his actions will include everything he is suffering right now.

I mean, if I get caught doing anything criminal, I am 100% sure I will be fired from my job, and I know it will be tough for me to get another one with that in my record.

Still, he'll live, if he gets his shit together, he should, slowly, get something back from all of this...

I guess in the world we live in today, that was one enormously stupid decision!

|

6/25/2011 7:26 AM

Big Bird wrote:

There is no excuse for such actions. I mean, come on, it's sports! Is it really that important? EPOC did the right thing by ...more

bturman wrote:

I'm not sure where I stand on the situation. He goofed up big time, and yes, there should be ...more

Hey man I'm 38 freaking years old and I had to lose EVERYTHING a time or two. It's called life! The kid should be in jail! Not wondering how he's getting his next new bike. Don't be feeling all sorry for him if he loses all his sponsors. Maybe working a regular job the rest of his life like the rest of us will teach him a LIFE LESSON.

Roadies need to clean up the doping, and DH/FR needs to drop the "I'm a white trash loser" ACT AND LOOK. See all that sponsor money going bye bye every year?! It's because the people paying writing check want PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES! It's run by big money corps. now and not the bro bra scene it was 10 years ago. Quit punching holes in your face, get a hair cut, and for Christ sakes... Pull up your pants! Oh yeah and have some respect for the people that support you. HUGE LACK OF THAT GOING ON!

I will say this on the other hand. Before they started testing for weed the crowd was a little less rowdy, and there were not an an alarming number of out of control drunks as there are now.

|

6/26/2011 8:26 AM

It really is rediculous that weed is banned as a performance enhancer.

|

6/26/2011 8:35 PM

True, not a pot head myself but when was the last time a pot head flipped over a car or beat a dude/wife up?

|

Is it friday yet?

6/27/2011 9:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2011 9:54 PM

Big Bird wrote:

bturman wrote:

I'm not sure where I stand on the situation. He goofed up big time, and yes, there should be ...more

However, the comments people are leaving on other sites and his sponsors' facebook pages seem as though Alex wronged a bunch of people in a previous life.

Well.......he DID trash the car of a total stranger who had done nothing wrong in THIS life.

Fvck'im. Even when I was his age I hated morons that acted like that. "Young" isn't an excuse for deliberately retarded. Hell even when I was YOUNGER than he is now I hated that shlt. If he wasn't riding bikes, he'd be just another douchebag in a fraternity doing whatever dumb shlt his 'brothers' were up to. No reason to act like he was put in jail. Keep some perspective here. The pro mountain biker kid lost a sponsor. In the grand scheme of things this ranks somewhere between how many times I fart in a day and the precise aura of the aroma.

Even if oakley didn't fire him for the implications, they should fire him for looking like such a tool in ANY photo with that logo on his chest. The photo bonus should work both ways. :D
|