World Cup Downhill MTB Race Talk

Create New Tag

6/7/2019 11:16 AM

Take a ride down the updated Leogang course with Gee - looks awkward and might provide some extra drama if the race is wet:

|

6/7/2019 2:06 PM

lastest outspoken with loic. he interviews finn. freaking gold. sneak preview for forum viewers.

|

6/7/2019 10:06 PM

Have Finn and Rachel Atherton interview each other and keep a 'like' counter going in the bottom corner

|

6/7/2019 11:55 PM

Who is on the giant reign at leogang? I saw it in one of the YouTube vids from practice day. Couldn’t get the number plate.

|

6/8/2019 10:04 PM

yournamehere wrote:

Who is on the giant reign at leogang? I saw it in one of the YouTube vids from practice day. Couldn’t get the number plate.

Marcelo Gutierrez Villegas

|

6/9/2019 12:29 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

Take a ride down the updated Leogang course with Gee - looks awkward and might provide some extra drama if the race is wet:

Looks like Gee is rolling on a Bontrager tire for leogang (and Ft. Will from prior photos), could it be a sharpie job on a G5 or possibly some proto in the works from Conti!

|

6/9/2019 1:46 AM

yournamehere wrote:

brash wrote:

Marcelo Gutierrez Villegas

Def not Pablo he was riding the glory. I reckon it’s a privateer

|

6/9/2019 2:14 AM

Sorry I get reign and glory mixed up there. The dude on the enduro bike is Pierre Lunel I think. Dude rips!

|

6/9/2019 3:11 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

Looks like Gee is rolling on a Bontrager tire for leogang (and Ft. Will from prior photos), could it be a sharpie job on a G5 or possibly some proto in the works from Conti!

Conti Kaiser

|

6/9/2019 12:18 PM

iceman2058 wrote:

Shawn_Trudell wrote:

bulletbass man wrote:

Conti Kaiser

Definitely not a Conti Kaiser. The Kaiser and the Der Kaiser both have uniform shaped cornering lugs, they’re identical and evenly spaced across the tire. This has variable shaped and siped cornering lugs and they have the little braking nubs a-la DHF/G5/Butcher. Also the kaiser hasn’t been made for years so I doubt they would have a 29er version of it available. Unless, that is, that these are Protos of a new Kaiser.

|

6/11/2019 10:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2019 10:27 AM

So Vital - have you guys considered doing a piece on the fact that 2 or 3 out of 5 (several anyway) on the woman elite podium of a world cup are all privateers? I dunno - a number 3 junior male placement on the podiium was seemingly a big deal, so perhaps it could be an intersting angle?

It would also be interesting to see a video of somebody walk around the pits and ask all the major teams what they thought about both the level of support and the development in both junior (male and female) and female elite ranks as well. If nothing else, hopefully it could yield some logistical support and tutoring for female elite riders (and hopefully male and female juniors as well) if nothing else.

Perhaps it should not be made a requirement, but it would be good to see some regulation stipulating support of both a female elite rider, and male and female juniors for all of the major teams. Again, not a requirement to provide a hefty pay check, but to facilitate logistical support, know how and support during race weekends and perhaps also to provide equipment. Aka - to help bridge the gap.

That being said - it could be that that kind of support is already in place unofficially on the circuit. If so - good. If not, one would think that it would be an easy win that could help lift the support to new heights.

|

6/11/2019 10:50 AM

UR team video from Leogang - goals vs reality:

|

6/11/2019 11:07 AM

WynTV prowls the pits for the lowdown after the showdown:

|