World Cup Downhill MTB Race Talk

Create New Tag

4/29/2019 9:54 PM

johnnyboy.ca wrote:

I'd just wear a huge foam Monster Energy can costume to the podium...

I get that they are bringing this to us and I appreciate that, but a little slack here. Maybe Monster should do that to them in Supercross where the money is a lot greater.

If Redbull started to get retaliation effort from as you say maybe Monster you would think they would reconsider. How far could all this go? Now is Redbull the only one that can bring coverage to the world? I bet not. What if no Redbull athletes podium could we see an empty stage at the awards presentation?

|

4/30/2019 3:30 AM

Team videos are dropping in from Maribor, here's a first batch:

Mondraker

Propain

|

4/30/2019 7:13 AM

Sorry in advance if this has been covered already, but no signs of Martin Maes? Perhaps he's going full enduro? I know the talk at the end of last season was to race the first two rounds of each WC DH and EWS and decide what series to go from there.

Any pointers will be appreciated!

thanks,

|

4/30/2019 10:56 AM

Tanner_Carl wrote:

Sorry in advance if this has been covered already, but no signs of Martin Maes? Perhaps he's going full enduro? I know the talk at the end of last season was to race the first two rounds of each WC DH and EWS and decide what series to go from there.

Any pointers will be appreciated!

thanks,

Apparently the dates are overlapping so that plan was probably doomed from the beginning anyways. That´s just what i read somewhere though.
I´d say given his start to the season and the hyper competitive field in dh, he´s better off just finishing the enduro season in the top spot and raise his market value in doing so, instead of risking injury in a dh race just for bragging rights.

|

4/30/2019 1:49 PM

Vali Holl certainly had a good start to her season - go behind the scenes to see how it all unfolded:

|

5/1/2019 12:48 AM

More team videos from Maribor!

Charlie Harrison with a career best 4th place finish for Trek Factory Racing

Great result for Unior Devinci at what is essentially their home race

|

5/1/2019 8:33 AM

Charlie's manual to table was sweet!

|

5/2/2019 7:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/2/2019 7:57 AM

The Syndicate dropping some stats from Loris Vergier's Maribor race run - Loris with some insights into how he's planning to attack this race season as well:

|

5/2/2019 10:33 AM

Commencal's Maribor edit just dropped and it's a gooder!

|

5/8/2019 12:19 AM

Relive all the excitement of Aaron Gwin's first race with Intense Factory Racing in the first team race edit of the 2019 season:

|

5/9/2019 11:58 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

Relive all the excitement of Aaron Gwin's first race with Intense Factory Racing in the first team race edit of the 2019 season:

Anybody want to make a techno music loop overlay of Neko warming up at 5:20.

|

Trouble Maker. Here to spit truth in the form of sarcasm.

5/10/2019 11:29 AM

Between the Races with Amaury Pierron

We spent some time with Amaury Pierron at his home #BetweenTheRaces to find out what the DH World Cup 2018 Champion does on and off the bike. Amaury takes us behind the scenes of his hometown in Brioud, France, to expand on his love for Moto and how he keeps balance in his life while training.

Get up close and personal with the current world champ and get his take on his quest for another domination in the World Cup season.
|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

5/12/2019 7:27 PM

A bit of banter from the BDS at Fort William and for anyone that was snoozing here is the link to the Vital track walk slideshow from the first world cup where Danny got called out for the bulk practice he does at Fort William every year.

|

5/13/2019 7:15 AM

It's that time of year, when some of the world's top racers head to Fort William for a dress rehearsal before the World Cup hits town. Fresh BDS action from this weekend below (Rachel and Gee went on to win):

|