World Cup Downhill MTB Race Talk

Create New Tag

7/9/2019 8:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2019 8:33 AM

|

7/9/2019 8:51 AM

The review will be live here on the site in 10 minutes when the embargo lifts!

|

7/11/2019 12:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 12:22 AM

With P7 in Andorra, David Trummer scored his best World Cup result to date. But who is David Trummer, and what about the team he races for, Team Racing Dudes? Some answers below:
-------------------------------------------------
YT introduces: Team Racing Dudes

Three rad dudes, three fast bikes, one hell of a season: Since David Trummer has been kicking ass at the latest World Cup races, voices have been getting louder asking who this guy is and where he's been all the time. The "Team Racing Dudes" sponsor YT is happy to shed some light on the matter by introducing David and his team mates.

Erik Irmisch, Johann Potgieter and David Trummer are Team Racing Dudes, they’re competing at World Cups and other high profile downhill races around the world onboard the TUES 29. Erik and Johann have been travelling the world and racing as Team Racing Dudes for five years now. In January, they decided to extend their roster recruiting reigning Austrain Downill Champion, David Trummer. Another team member is Lars Diedenhofen, founder of 70ID, who supports the team as a mechanic and with his painting skills. Lars was the man behind the custom YT frames for Rampage in 2018 and is THE MAN when it comes to custom paint jobs, as shown by the frames of the Racing Dudes.

Erik "Irm" Irmisch

Irm has been one of the fastest downhill riders in Germany for over 10 years and is firmly rooted in the German MTB scene. He can look back on some successes in the iXS Downhill Cup and in 2018 he took part in Red Bull Hardline – a true life experience, as he says himself. In order to share his experience and his knowledge with ambitious young riders, he founded the West East Bike School together with Heiko Hirzbuch. In the camps, Irm not only helps the participants with riding techniques, but above all focuses on the fun aspect of mountain biking that anyone can enjoy! The camps take place between races and during the off-season both in Germany and South Africa. "Good Times" are all inclusive! This spirit is why we love to have Irm in the YT Family. Since 2009 he has been on a YT and is an integral part of our bike development process. Whether TUES or JEFFSY: Irm is one of our riders that receives prototypes to put them through their paces and we make changes based on his feedback.

Johann "Pottie" Potgieter

South African Johann "Pottie" Potgieter and Irm primarly founded the team Racing Dudes to have a good time together on their YT bikes. Meanwhile, the two compete not only in competition for kebabs, but also in races such as the iXS Cup, where they recently shared the podium. Speaking of sharing: Pottie also actively promotes riding within the younger community, passing on his downhill experience at the West East Bike School camps in South Africa. Incidentally, Pottie runs his own coffee shop "Pottie's Coffee" in Port Elizabeth.

David "Daveboy“ Trummer

Since January 2019, David Trummer, the reigning Austrian downhill champion, has competed for Team Racing Dudes. So far his World Cup season has been his best yet, finishing 15th in Maribor, 14th in Fort William and his latest result 7th in Andorra. With 4 World Cup races behind him David is sitting 16th in the overall, which is incredible and we can't wait to see what the second half of the season will look like for him. He brought his mechanic Jens "Jensen" Prahlow along for the journey and has a high level of support both at the races and with training at home. Some of David's favorite tracks are still to come on the World Cup calendar, he’s fired up with plenty more in the tank.

The choice of the dudes: YT TUES 29

The guys are serious about downhill racing and for good reason they choose the YT TUES 29. Made for full-on racing, it's the perfect bike for speed and stability and therefore the only option for the gnarly tracks these guys are racing on. The rest of the bike is complemented with SRAM drivetrain and brakes, Rockshox suspension and Truvativ cockpit, whilst wheels are provided by DT Swiss and Maxxis Tires for uncompromising performance.

As a sponsor YT is stoked about the success of Team Racing Dudes, thankful for the support and looking forward to the upcoming races. Stay greedy, guys!

Photos by Rick Schubert
Video by Ralph Schupp

|

7/24/2019 12:54 PM

View this post on Instagram

Hey friends, little bit of an update. Shoulder rehab is goin well, makin progress everyday and workin hard to come back strong. My right shoulder is starting to feel decent but unfortunately the left one is taking longer than I’d hoped. I’m able to do easy riding but can’t pull up on the bars hard or handle any type of bigger impact. I was really hoping to make National Champs this week and the following 2 World Cups but I’m still a ways out. I’ve been racing injured most of the year and I’m going to be patient with this one and wait till I’m back to full speed. So as of now, I’ve shifted my focus to World Champs. That’ll give me the time I need to fully heal and then a few weeks of riding to get back up to speed. I’ve never won that race and I’m really looking forward to being strong there. It’s been a tough season so far, probably more mentally than anything. I’m really missing ridin at 100% and it’s rough to be watching these races from home. I’ve been taking advantage of the time away though the best that I can and I’m happy with the progress there. I’ve been focused on rebuilding the strength in my lower body/ankle since the ankle injury a few months ago and that’s going well. Upper body will come next. I’ve had some great meetings with my crew at @intensecycles on bike setup and we’ve got a few new projects releasing in the near future which has us excited. I’ve finally had some time to finish my house and I’m hoping to get through final inspection in the next week. The amount of paperwork and fee’s to handle all that has been real. Lol Hoping to move in middle of next month, been pretty much living out of a suitcase in by buddies guest bedroom for almost a year now haha. Other than all that and some extra guitar time, I’m just really enjoying this time with my friends back home. The support crew here has been epic and that’s keeping things fun when I’m off the bike. Anyways, long post but was waiting till I knew what was going on and when I’d be coming back. Thanks to all you guys for the support and messages. Really looking forward to coming back and hoping to finish this year strong. 🤜🏼🤛🏼

A post shared by Aaron Gwin (@aarongwin1) on

Bummer Gwin out until World Champs.
|

7/25/2019 12:15 PM

jeff.brines wrote:

View this post on Instagram

Hey friends, little bit of an update. Shoulder rehab is goin well, makin progress everyday and workin hard to come back strong. My right shoulder is starting to feel decent but unfortunately the left one is taking longer than I’d hoped. I’m able to do easy riding but can’t pull up on the bars hard or handle any type of bigger impact. I was really hoping to make National Champs this week and the following 2 World Cups but I’m still a ways out. I’ve been racing injured most of the year and I’m going to be patient with this one and wait till I’m back to full speed. So as of now, I’ve shifted my focus to World Champs. That’ll give me the time I need to fully heal and then a few weeks of riding to get back up to speed. I’ve never won that race and I’m really looking forward to being strong there. It’s been a tough season so far, probably more mentally than anything. I’m really missing ridin at 100% and it’s rough to be watching these races from home. I’ve been taking advantage of the time away though the best that I can and I’m happy with the progress there. I’ve been focused on rebuilding the strength in my lower body/ankle since the ankle injury a few months ago and that’s going well. Upper body will come next. I’ve had some great meetings with my crew at @intensecycles on bike setup and we’ve got a few new projects releasing in the near future which has us excited. I’ve finally had some time to finish my house and I’m hoping to get through final inspection in the next week. The amount of paperwork and fee’s to handle all that has been real. Lol Hoping to move in middle of next month, been pretty much living out of a suitcase in by buddies guest bedroom for almost a year now haha. Other than all that and some extra guitar time, I’m just really enjoying this time with my friends back home. The support crew here has been epic and that’s keeping things fun when I’m off the bike. Anyways, long post but was waiting till I knew what was going on and when I’d be coming back. Thanks to all you guys for the support and messages. Really looking forward to coming back and hoping to finish this year strong. 🤜🏼🤛🏼

A post shared by Aaron Gwin (@aarongwin1) on

Bummer Gwin out until World Champs.

Wise move at this point in the season!

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.

8/5/2019 10:37 AM

new section of track in lenzerheide. bowman was there early and snapped it. looks steep, straight and full of options.

|

8/5/2019 11:13 AM

no wood part?

|

8/5/2019 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2019 12:18 PM

USA Cycling Names 2019 World Champs Team
The Team USA roster is as follows:

DOWNHILL
Junior Women:
Anna Newkirk* (Riehen, Switzerland; Team Project)
Jordan Scott* (Las Vegas, Nev.)
Autumn Parham (Edmunds, Wash.)

Junior Men:
Matthew Sterling* (San Jose, Calif.)
Joey Foresta (South Jordan, Utah)
Cole Suetos (Temcula, Calif.)
Dante Silva (Chula Vista, Calif)
Zach Gareis (Mars, Penn.)
Austin Dooley (Yucaipa, Calif.)

Elite Women:
Jill Kintner* (Seattle, Wash.)
Caroline Washam (Mooresville, N.C.)
Samantha Soriano (Littleton, Colo.)
Abigail Hogie (Beckley, W. Va.)
Mazie Hayden (Pittsfield, Vt.)

Elite Men:
Charlie Harrison* (Trabuco Canyon, Calif.; Trek Factory Racing)
Aaron Gwin* (Murietta, Calif.; Intense Factory Racing)
Luca Shaw* (Hendersonville, N.C.; Santa Cruz Syndicate)
Dakotah Norton* (Rotten Oaks, Tenn.; Unior Devinci Factory Racing)
Neko Mulally* (Pisgah Forest, N.C.; Intense Factory Racing)
Bruce Klein (Altadena, Calif.; Commencal/ 100% Racing Team)
Nikolas Nesteroff (San Diego, Calif.; KHS Factory Racing)

XCO

Junior Women:
Madeline Robbins* (Durango, Colo.; Bear Development Team)
Alexis Bobbitt* (Austin, Tex.; Bear Development Team)
Madigan Munro* (Boulder, Colo.; Boulder Junior Cycling)
Ada Urist (Boulder, Colo.; Boulder Junior Cycling)
Haley Randel (Mill Valley, Calif.; Bear Development Team)

Junior Men:
Riley Amos* (Durango, Colo.; Bear Development Team)
Bjorn Riley (Boulder, Colo.; Bear Development Team)
Robbie Day (Evergreen, Colo.; Racer X Cycling/ColoBikeLaw
Nolan Jenkins (Colorado Springs, Colo.; Rouler Devo p/b DNA Cycling)
Brennon Peterson (Sandy, Utah; Rouler Devo p/b DNA Cycling)

U23 Women:
Haley Batten* (Park City, Utah; Clif Pro Team)
Kelsey Urban* (Kentfield, Calif.; Rouler Devo p/b DNA Cycling)
Savilia Blunk (Inverness, Calif.; Sho-Air TWENTY-20)
Gwendalyn Gibson (Ramona, Calif.; Norco Bicycles)

U23 Men:
Christopher Blevins* (Durango, Colo.; Specialized Factory Racing)
Jerry Dufour* (Birmingham, Ala.; Bear Professional Team)
Cole Paton (Cashmere, Wash.; Giant Factory Off-Road Team)
Henry Nadell (Carbondale, Colo.; CZ Racing)
Sandy Floren (Berkley, Calif.; Bear Professional Team)

Elite Women:
Kate Courtney* (San Francisco, Calif.; SCOTT p/b SRAM)
Chloe Woodruff* (Prescott, Ariz.; Stans NoTubes Pivot p/b Maxxis)
Lea Davison* (Jericho, Vt.; Sho-Air TWENTY20)
Erin Huck* (Boulder, Colo.; CZ Racing p/b SCOTT)
Alexis Skarda (Grand Junction, Colo.; Spintertainment Video)
Hannah Finchamp (Salt Lake City, Utah; Clif Pro Team)
Rose Grant (Columbia Falls, Mont. (Stans NoTubes Pivot p/b Maxxis

Elite Men:
Keegan Swenson* (Park City Utah; Stans NoTubes Pivot p/b Maxxis)
Russell Finsterwald (Colorado Springs, Colo.; Clif Pro Team)
Alex Wild (Los Gatos, Calif.; Specialized Factory Racing)
Luke Vrouwenvelder (Chapel Hill, N.C)
Stephan Davoust (Durango, Colo.; Giant Factory Off-Road Team)

Automatic qualifiers are noted with an asterisk (*).

|

8/6/2019 9:29 AM

We should have some contenders for top 10 finishes in the Women's race. Caroline Washam qualified 10th last year at MSA (crash in finals) and Samntha Soriano had a 2nd place finish last year in Juniors at MSA. The Junior womens squad is stacked with Newkirk leading the way with some great WC finishes this year.

|

8/8/2019 8:26 AM

When did Loris decide to go back to 650b wheels? Doesn't seem to be any mention of it anywhere.

|

8/8/2019 3:53 PM

gee atherton mobbing!

|

8/11/2019 10:13 AM

Do you ever wish you could communicate as effectively and as seamlessly about suspension as Loris Vergier and Jordi Cortez? Well now you can finally learn the secret language of the pros as the Loris Vergier Soundboard becomes available to the greater public. Suspension packing down? That's probably a "Duusvduusvduusv" event. Skipping off the top and harsh? "Cah cah cah" or "Cahcahcahcahcah", and you've made yourself clear!

|

8/11/2019 11:01 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

Do you ever wish you could communicate as effectively and as seamlessly about suspension as Loris Vergier and Jordi Cortez? Well now you can finally learn the secret language of the pros as the Loris Vergier Soundboard becomes available to the greater public. Suspension packing down? That's probably a "Duusvduusvduusv" event. Skipping off the top and harsh? "Cah cah cah" or "Cahcahcahcahcah", and you've made yourself clear!

fantastic

|

8/11/2019 9:53 PM

iceman2058 wrote:

That may be the greatest thing of all time.

|

8/12/2019 1:00 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

OK that's brilliant 😂

|

8/12/2019 6:36 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

ezmb wrote:

Almost as good as the Rob Warner one liner app.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/Freecaster-iPhone-App,5721

|

8/14/2019 8:10 AM

It's getting so real out there with the battle for the points lead! I'm such a sucker for this kind of photo-work. Does anybody else remember Kill Trail?
|

8/14/2019 10:15 AM

LOL

|

8/16/2019 5:38 PM

iceman2058 wrote:

ezmb wrote:

banj wrote:

Almost as good as the Rob Warner one liner app.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/Freecaster-iPhone-App,5721

RIP

|

I'm Slow

8/19/2019 11:12 PM

Great Britain's DH squad for World Champs:

|

Like bikes? Hit Vital up on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.

8/26/2019 9:43 AM

It's almost time for Worlds! Just before we dive into the madness head-first, take a look back at the last World Cup round through the eyes of Team Commencal/Vallnord:

|

8/26/2019 10:04 AM

Eddie Masters now out after a slight break to bone.

|

8/26/2019 11:12 AM

iceman2058 wrote:

It's almost time for Worlds! Just before we dive into the madness head-first, take a look back at the last World Cup round through the eyes of Team Commencal/Vallnord:

thx for video

|

9/4/2019 2:30 PM

Loris is limping with a cane and taped knee and his wrist is has a brace on it in the Syndicate's Snowshoe Insta story, that crash must have been pretty bad.

|

9/4/2019 3:35 PM

dolface wrote:

Loris is limping with a cane and taped knee and his wrist is has a brace on it in the Syndicate's Snowshoe Insta story, that crash must have been pretty bad.

bummer : (

|

9/4/2019 8:33 PM

Looks like Gee is having a rough day at track walk. (Can’t embed photos from my phone but check his IG stories)

|

9/7/2019 7:22 AM

|

9/7/2019 7:23 AM

|

9/7/2019 7:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2019 7:50 AM

add kye a'hern and pardal to the list. kye broke his wrist this morning in training according to the squids.

|

9/7/2019 10:24 AM

Is there a love timing link?

|

Trouble Maker. Here to spit truth in the form of sarcasm.