Accessibility Widget: On | Off

What is the Best Mountain Bike Magazine?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2014 4:26 PM

It seemed like a question that needed to be answered so I endeavored to find out. So how does one determine which to read? Mountain bike magazines come in different styles with different attitudes and intentions. Some talk directly to their audience while others demonstrate a flashy display full of shiny frames and smiling celebrity riders. In preparation for this article I have endeavored to thumb through thousands of glossy pages to pin down the five magazines that deserve your well earned dollars. Hundreds of hours of reading and tons of fan feedback have been taken into account. I carried these books around with me. They were stacked in the gym, the car, at work, in every room of the house and for weeks on end I never stopped reading. I also conversed with some of the magazines to measure their responses.

The final result was less surprising than you might imagine, the top five have done a good job of creating a quality product suitable to their specific market. It was a tough process but each part was considered and evaluated based on the following merits - literary content, visual imagery, responsiveness, popularity and reviews. Click here to look at each to see who stood out and why.

|

Author of the mountain bike book Twisted Trails

1/10/2014 9:21 PM

any analysis that finds mountain bike action to be at the top has some serious flaws. i think many will agree.

|

1/11/2014 9:12 AM

Agreed. Dirt should be at the top and MBA not even on the list.

|

1/11/2014 10:44 AM

People were very passionate both for and against MBA. However, the numbers in favor of it and its articles was overwhelming. I do understand the arguments against it and most were perfectly valid but all factors were taken into consideration.

|

Author of the mountain bike book Twisted Trails