Accessibility Widget: On | Off

What Venue Would You Pick for the World Cup to Either Return to or Host?

Create New Tag

3/5/2016 2:39 PM

Being selfish like Pedal4life i have to say Isla Parida Panama... its got some virgin terrain with some trails cut. Oh yea, its also my backyard...

|

3/5/2016 3:09 PM

Somewhere in the Cascades of Washington! We have some of the most dense steep and pristine forests I have seen anywhere. There could be one hell of a course just 40 mins from seattle. A Val Di Sole type track would be super easy to build around here. I mainly just want to see a race close to home and not in the hillbilly country of New York. Also hecklers around here are the greatest in the entire country so it would make for a great atmosphere for the riders.

|

3/5/2016 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2016 3:32 PM

Windrock, Tennessee. Burlier than anything except maybe Plattekill that I've ever ridden and way more elevation. Would be incredible to see pits spread across that massive parking lot. International airport in Knoxville a 20 minute drive away.

No limitations on what the trail builders and World Cup speeds top to bottom! Everyone could do their run and then ditch the ceremonies and grab something with a throttle because you can hit 100's of miles of moto, ATV or ORV trails 100 feet away!!!!

Granted, it's not got anything resembling pampered housing for the DH athletes who all seem to think they deserve luxury accomadations at plush resorts instead of riding the best trails out there...but hey, whatever.

After party at Windrock campground would be rowdier than anything the World Cup has ever seen...and that's just any old Sunday night around there.

:D I can dream...

Oh, and of course there's the church service broadcast over the PA by the hellfire and brimstone preacher at the base of the lot just before top 30 start. Holy crap, you have no idea how off the charts awesome my dream is.

|

Trouble Maker. Here to spit truth in the form of sarcasm.

3/5/2016 4:24 PM

definitely somewhere in CO, there are a ton of places with lots of potential, Trestle, Keystone, that kind of area. Also, lots of ski resorts are starting to build tons of trails, so who knows. Also, it would be sick to drive 2 hours and be at a WC

|

3/5/2016 4:35 PM

JLutzy wrote:

Surely it's only a matter of time before New Zealand host a World Cup.

Teams hate the travel and logistics.

WTF happened to the NORBA series? Sick locations (which are all being mentioned here), internationals used it to get up to World Cup level so you had wicked (if somewhat random) depth of racing, heaps of coverage and media.

It's like it went from AWESOME to SUCK in the space of a couple of years, surely it wasn't just all the car-cash doing it?

|

3/5/2016 5:12 PM

JLutzy wrote:

Surely it's only a matter of time before New Zealand host a World Cup.

dubiousdesigns wrote:

Teams hate the travel and logistics.

WTF happened to the NORBA series? Sick locations (which are all being mentioned here), ...more

I get the travel logistics thing, it's must be hard, but let's not forget it's a 'world cup'.
They're already making the journey down here to Australia why not factor in NZ at the same time is all I reckon.

|

3/5/2016 5:13 PM

Telluride with a new track down the frontside into town. The vert & steepness would match anything on the current WC circuit. #havechainsawwilltravel

|

3/5/2016 6:36 PM

Whistler for the win!

|

3/5/2016 9:59 PM

Vail could pull it off easy with the terrain, space for crowds and pits and its close to denver for easy team travel. I do like the idea of the frontside of telluride. That would be wild but theres no room for a finish area if im remembering right...

|

3/5/2016 11:35 PM

Mt7 or kicking horse ski resort in golden B.C.

|

3/6/2016 6:44 AM

I would love to something in the Sea to Sky corridor around Squamish, Whistler or Pemberton. Doesn't even have to be in the bike park.

|

3/6/2016 11:35 AM

nh dude wrote:

Schladming

Definitely Schladming! best track ever

|

3/6/2016 12:32 PM

I really think NZ should receive a World Cup round , we proved we could hold world champs in 2006.

We really do have something to cater for everyone, EWS , XC and DH. Hell , we still even have the Worldchamps UCI 4X track right next door to our Crankworx location.

Home nation aside , Schladming is where its at.. BRING BACK SHLADMING

|

3/6/2016 3:28 PM

Acouple places come to mind...

Northstar bike park- The terrain is there, the venue is there, the crowds and appeal would be there. I honestly think they could pull it off if the trail crew could build a rad and gnarly enough track and if the management can get their shit together. With a sick and gnarly enough track I could see it becoming a favorite among world cup riders and fans.

Schladming- Duh.

Pila italy- Always seemed like an amazing place to ride with awesome terrain.

Whistler- With a world cup specific track, Whistler would be an obvious choice and a first for the mountain.

I hear a lot of people rallying for Colorado, I really think theres a few parks there that are capable of holding a really awesome world cup round. (looking at you keystone)

|

3/6/2016 4:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2016 4:22 PM

Another topic that could become a thread. What would be your dream WC season, basically choose 7 of your favorite venues or pick your own that you would like to see in one given season.

|

3/6/2016 7:17 PM

Eisma wrote:

Somewhere in CO, Telluride would be sick.

DownhillColorado wrote:

I've always thought Keystone could pull off a World Cup DH race. Steep and rocky so the terrain is there. That mountain needs ...more

DUDE I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU !!!!!!!!

|

3/6/2016 7:19 PM

angel fire is fucking SICK as well.....

|

3/6/2016 7:26 PM

Eisma wrote:

Somewhere in CO, Telluride would be sick.

DownhillColorado wrote:

I've always thought Keystone could pull off a World Cup DH race. Steep and rocky so the terrain is there. That mountain needs ...more

DrewB wrote:

With you 100%. Love Keystone - just need to invest in a proper WC DH track top-to-bottom. Where is Vail Corp on this??? ...more

keystone has always been MY fave as far as CO. goes.. theres DEFINITELY the potential with everything there for a proper WC. .. i love that mtn. sooo much that ive spent 4-6 weeks there the last three summers ( coming from N.H. ...) LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. going for 6 weeks THIS summer !!!!!!!

|

3/7/2016 1:14 AM

Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa. Beautiful scenery, gourmet food, wine lands, beaches and with some work, killer trails too.

|

3/7/2016 8:25 AM

DrewB wrote:

Please ANYWHERE in the US west of Denver. So many mountains and they have New York.... Thats like wanting to ski and saying ...more

New York isn't all just the city though... most of New York is actually mountain ranges and filled with woods. Having ridden and raced all around the US and Canada, New York has some of the gnarliest racing and riding I have done. Plattekill has some of the gnarliest terrain I've ever ridden hands down and of course Windham has some extremely fast wide open races courses. East Coast World Cups? We need those.

|

3/7/2016 2:36 PM

maestroforlife wrote:

Mt7 or kicking horse ski resort in golden B.C.

Man it'd be rad to see a return of Mount 7. Was just having a good chat about Psychosis the other day. Not certain the climb in the middle though for a World Cup venue.

|

3/7/2016 5:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2016 5:33 PM

I think about this probably more than a healthy amount... There are a few awesome mountains to consider which have what it takes when considering proximity to a "real" town, somewhat reasonable logistics, awesome terrain and a ski lift. But there is one stand out in my mind....

SnowKing Mountain - Jackson, WY - Acre for acre its the steepest ski hill in America. While it may be on the slender side of things when it comes to vertical drop (1600 feet) it could be one of the steepest venues North America could offer.

To add, the entire slope is viewable to town, there is a regional airport 15 minutes away, it has a stunning backdrop and much of the property skirts forest service land (private). There is a reason why they hold the world snowmobile hillclimb champs here. Its steep.

It'd be all time.

|

3/7/2016 5:34 PM

jeff.brines wrote:

I think about this probably more than a healthy amount... There are a few awesome mountains to consider which have what it ...more

dude. that looks like a pretty sick venue. you have thought a lot about it!

|

3/7/2016 5:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2016 5:42 PM

Two awful videos for everyone to see some (winter) snowking action. As always video does little justice.

|

3/7/2016 10:40 PM

wild. never seen a snowmobile hillclimb before. the mobile wranglers some crazy folk!

|