[Video] YT TUES vs Specialized DEMO Sworks (kinematic analysis)

Andrextr
Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 5:36am
Hi guys!

After Gwin's move from Specialized to Young Talent, I decided to do a kinematic comparison between DEMO S-works and TUES... As expected, they have a completely opposite suspension kinematics! Check it out!

https://youtu.be/V5UFr-WuS6w

I'm very curious to see if Gwins will still use a stiff suspension on the TUES. With a bike +50% more progressive than DEMO, a stiff suspension and lower SAG means that your wheel will collapse before the bike bottoms-out eheh :D

Bye!
|
2/12/2016 8:17am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2016 8:32am
Probably less stiff, but not extremely so. I would guess that he aims to match the middle third of the travel.

edit: nevermind, I worked it out

Andrextr
2/12/2016 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/12/2016 2:51pm
I wonder what would happen if they used a special link that mimicked the leverage ratio of the YT?http://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/2015/08/specialized-demo-2015-wc.html
That link only increases the Demo's progressivity a bit (LR difference of +0.6)... Not even close to the progressivity of the YT Tues (LR difference of +1.3!). I personally love the progressivity of YT Tues (and Capra also!), but for smooth tracks or soft riders you won't get full travel... But who wants to go soft with a bike like this? :D
TrailHead
2/12/2016 8:16pm
I'm a total noob. I have NO IDEA what this means!
Andrextr
2/13/2016 12:11pm
TrailHead wrote:
Don't worry my friend ! Smile It's not easy I know. But when you start to understand the concepts, it will make sense! I will do more videos in the future to explain some concepts in a easy way.

PS: Thanks to VitalMTB to share the video!! Smile )
TrailHead
2/13/2016 2:58pm
TrailHead wrote:
Andrextr wrote:
Don't worry my friend ! :) It's not easy I know. But when you start to understand the concepts, it will make sense! I will do...
Don't worry my friend ! Smile It's not easy I know. But when you start to understand the concepts, it will make sense! I will do more videos in the future to explain some concepts in a easy way.

PS: Thanks to VitalMTB to share the video!! Smile )
Hopefully one day I will understand.
Andrextr
2/14/2016 5:36am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 6:01am
UPDATE:

I already updated the video to include the special linkage of Gwin's Demo. It turns out that the special linkage only increases the Demo's progressivity by 9%... Which is still -33% less progressive than TUES The other parameteres were not significantly affected by that linkage. Bye

Post a reply to: [Video] YT TUES vs Specialized DEMO Sworks (kinematic analysis)

The Latest