UCI World Cup Rumors via @TeamRumours

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2012 1:55 PM

I bet it will be Mick then, I wonder if they take Mick will they also take his sis? She could have won the series if it had not been for that mega crash she had....

|

12/7/2012 6:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2016 10:22 AM

I'm stumped. The third part is the United Airlines logo, but that's all I can figure out.
|

12/7/2012 9:02 PM

Maybe related to Morewood United.

|

12/8/2012 12:06 AM

anotherbikerguy wrote:

I'm stumped. The third part is the United Airlines logo, but that's all I can figure out.

Doesn't the second draw looks like the outer line of "This is Peaty" logo? What, he's taking is kid to the states? I don't think so...

|

12/8/2012 12:12 AM

PointOne wrote:

My guess is either Mick Hannah as a pre-cursor to signing him to TWR as Gwin's good friend and a ripper in his own right. Or George Brannigan (more likely), whether Brannigan stays with Devinci is up in the air! A few more weeks and all will be answered!

Agree, it has to be Brannigan, he's the youngest of the current top ten, and probably the only one without a "real pro deal" - http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template1/layout.asp?MenuId=MTY2MDM&LangId=1

|

12/8/2012 1:27 PM

Another one. Wyn TV is pretty obvious. I'm going to guess the other guy is supposed to be Cam Cole, a.k.a. "the horse." ( At least that's what Wyn calls him... )
|

12/8/2012 4:03 PM

anotherbikerguy wrote:
Another one. Wyn TV is pretty obvious. I'm going to guess the other guy is supposed to be Cam Cole, a.k.a. "the horse." ( At least that's what Wyn calls him... )

Wyn having a show on Red Bull?

|

12/9/2012 7:53 AM

The two stick figures could be Mick Hannah and little sis Tracy. The second element has to be the outline of a country or state.

|

12/9/2012 9:38 AM

Big Bird wrote:

The two stick figures could be Mick Hannah and little sis Tracy. The second element has to be the outline of a country or state.

checked outlines for both north queensland, where Mick's originally from, and that of the state of Colorado where he is mostly based these days. Neither lines up with that drawing. (as an aside, Colorado is almost as rectangular as it gets).

somehow, that those stick figures remind me more of a parent with a kid than a very tight bro and sis.

|

12/9/2012 10:25 AM

The recipie for success one I have absolutely no idea, I don't even know what the bowl thing is. Rice? And wtf'd it mean?

And the "ring" one, it probably doesn't make any sense, but the ring and the bullfighter theme may mean a spanish bike, although not many options. The Massi Toro would make sense purely out of the cartoon, but it's not by any means one of the top bikes and I don't see them putting a world cup team with things how they are right now in Spain. Now, Mondraker is another thing. And if it's true they're loosing Bulldog, as well as Emmeline who's with Lappierre now, they'll need new riders. May be Cam Cole since everybody seems to be relating him to the horse theme.

Just my 2 cents, although they're bound to be far off.

|

12/9/2012 6:18 PM

JoseMPM wrote:

The recipie for success one I have absolutely no idea, I don't even know what the bowl thing is. Rice? And wtf'd it mean?

And the "ring" one, it probably doesn't make any sense, but the ring and the bullfighter theme may mean a spanish bike, although not many options. The Massi Toro would make sense purely out of the cartoon, but it's not by any means one of the top bikes and I don't see them putting a world cup team with things how they are right now in Spain. Now, Mondraker is another thing. And if it's true they're loosing Bulldog, as well as Emmeline who's with Lappierre now, they'll need new riders. May be Cam Cole since everybody seems to be relating him to the horse theme.

Just my 2 cents, although they're bound to be far off.

Cam Cole just signed with Yeti

|

12/10/2012 8:44 AM

Since Wyn is riding a bull and makes videos, I'm guessing that he's taking his show to Red Bull Media house. Since he and Cam Cole seem to be friends, perhaps Cole and his Yeti will be the primary stars?

|

12/10/2012 1:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2012 1:04 PM

Martin Whiteley twittered:
"Excited to announce that @GeorgeGeorgeb has joined the 23D athlete management roster. Such a raw talent, and another marketable Kiwi!"

|

12/10/2012 1:19 PM

y'all bitches need to get out more. ever heard of bull bikes

and what aboot polygon

theres more to the world than shit redbull

|

12/10/2012 5:58 PM

But Bull Bikes doesn't make downhill bikes. And if they are making one now, I doubt any top rider is gonna risk trying it before knowing anything about it. Polygon maybe, but the fact that both Granieri and Reynolds rode their hardtails at all contests even when others were riding full suspension bikes and even downhill bikes doesn't speak too good about Polygon's dual suspension bikes I think.

|

12/10/2012 9:25 PM

JoseMPM wrote:

But Bull Bikes doesn't make downhill bikes. And if they are making one now, I doubt any top rider is gonna risk trying it before knowing anything about it. Polygon maybe, but the fact that both Granieri and Reynolds rode their hardtails at all contests even when others were riding full suspension bikes and even downhill bikes doesn't speak too good about Polygon's dual suspension bikes I think.

dont matter if they have a bike. they will just put a bull sticker on an intense or something like mongoose or haro back in tha day

|

12/11/2012 4:38 AM

JoseMPM wrote:

I think this says more about Granieri and Reynolds than anything, I've heard some very good things about Polygon's full sus bikes

|

12/11/2012 7:34 AM

Now that you mention Polygon, go back and look at the "Recipe for Success" clue

Couscous + Polygon + United Ride + (Hannahs?) = ?

|

12/11/2012 3:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2012 4:34 PM

Ok.. I would like to add some fact to this.. General Lee. You are 100% right. I saw Couscous riding a Polygon in whistler in the fall while still wearing a morewood jersey. I'm guessing he was testing them out.

|

Is it friday yet?

12/11/2012 11:00 PM

OCsponger587 wrote:

y'all bitches need to get out more. ever heard of bull bikes

and what aboot polygon

theres more to the world than shit redbull

lol... there's a german brand, Rose www.rose.de, that a few years ago in Eurobike had one dh rig in the catalogue under the brand wait for it... Red Bull... and they still own this bike brand... http://www.roseversand.com/products/bikes/?brand=633&page=1&order=topseller&count=16#anchor_products

And before you say this is a new brand... Rose's around since 1907...

But for now... don't think this is a option....

|

12/13/2012 6:54 AM

Brendog just posted his congratulations to Grant "Chopper" Fielder for signing with Atherton Racing on Twitter.

|

12/13/2012 8:55 AM

Little birdy confirmed for me that Sam Hill WILL be on CRC and specialized will just be troy and mitch.

|

12/14/2012 5:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2012 5:57 PM

Either the new Pulse is actually really good and/or the team's taking it to the next level or I don't really understand this move. Also, I know Troy's a huge promise, but so far he's still just a promise, he's yet to race a full World Cup elite season. I know about his past results and his 4th place on the last round and 8th overall in 2011, but still, it's putting a lot of pressure on a 19 year old I think.

|

12/14/2012 7:21 PM

JoseMPM wrote:

Either the new Pulse is actually really good and/or the team's taking it to the next level or I don't really understand this move. Also, I know Troy's a huge promise, but so far he's still just a promise, he's yet to race a full World Cup elite season. I know about his past results and his 4th place on the last round and 8th overall in 2011, but still, it's putting a lot of pressure on a 19 year old I think.

Yea I agree, and he won't have sam to follow around this next year so its all on him! Also if they do decide to keep Mitch, thats a lot of pressure on him too. Usually teams try to focus their talent around 2 guys; 1 top 5 contender (troy) and 1 top 10 contender (mitch) and as of right now mitch is far from a top 10 contender and I believe he's not a junior anymore either so they are putting alot of eggs in very few baskets over at specialized if all this turns out to be true....

|

12/15/2012 1:36 AM

based on the previous performances, it doesnt seem as if troy needs to follow Sam anymore: that lad is blazing his own trail. Hell, is already riding clipped in.. the sacrilege!

Maybe Sam is just over spesh at this stage of his career and needs motivation derived from a change. He has done it before, when moving from IH to spesh, even though he was killing it on the IH. This is an extract of a 2009 interview by BikesMoveUs with Sammo:

BMU: A lot of people dream to be paid to do the things they love most but a common reality is that work and play don't mix too well, and that work could actually destory a passion. How do you find riding for work?

SH: THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS HAVE FELT A BIT OLD TO ME, BUT I AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS SEASON, ITS ALMOST LIKE A FRESH START WITH MY NEW SPONSOR SPECIALIZED SO IM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. TRAINING FEELS LIKE A JOB BUT WHEN THE RACES COME AROUND ALL THE WORK IS DONE AND ITS A BIT LIKE A RACING HOLIDAY.

I reckon that wheel has turned again for Sam. Keen to see how the nukeproof pulse evolves over however long Sammo is with CRC/Nukeproof (if he indeed he does join them). He is like the Senna of DH: his inputs evolves the bike the same way Senna's did for all the cars he raced in.

|

12/20/2012 12:51 PM

the sam news in the rumoar chain is true but you cannot react until jan 1

|

12/20/2012 6:28 PM

Another new one.
I'm guessing the snake is supposed to be Specialized since it forms an S, and the king in the clouds is probably Trek (logo in the trident). My first guess would be Specialized trying to tempt Gwin away from Trek, because the imagery fits with Gwin being a religious guy. But Gwin already announced he's staying with Trek through 2015 (here) so that doesn't quite make sense.
|

12/22/2012 8:38 AM

Martin Whitely was pretty pissed off about Gwin's brake break at world champs. It could be Sram luring the team away from Fox Shimano. I'm sure that they were plenty bummed to lose the Syndicate and are looking for another high profile team.

|

12/22/2012 6:33 PM

Big Bird wrote:

Martin Whitely was pretty pissed off about Gwin's brake break at world champs. It could be Sram luring the team away from Fox Shimano. I'm sure that they were plenty bummed to lose the Syndicate and are looking for another high profile team.

That makes alot more sense than him going to Specialized (as much as I would want him to go there!!! lol) I wonder if he will stay with Fox or do the whole sram package....

|

12/23/2012 12:33 PM

Big Bird wrote:

astrizzle wrote:

That makes alot more sense than him going to Specialized (as much as I would want him to go there!!! lol) I wonder if he will stay with Fox or do the whole sram package....

If he went to Sram I assume he'd have to do the whole package. They usually try to get their athletes to do that. Not a lot of teams running Sram and Fox out there.

In other news, Hill to CRC/Nukeproof is now public. Didn't believe it until now.

|